Chapter 13: They Won't Stop

~Y/n P.O.V.~

The next day, we all sat around. Smoke lit off of part of the camp. I hadn't said anything since Minho was taken. The last thing I said was his name.

"What do we do now?" Thomas spoke up.

"Well, we pick up what's left of us." Vince started. "We stick to the plan. We get you kids to the Safe Haven. Then we start over, I guess."

I stood up, wrapping a bag around my shoulders. "I'm not going with you."

Everyone turned their gazes to me as Vince asked. "What?"

"I made a promise to Minho. I wouldn't leave him behind. I have to go after him." I explained.

"Hey, kid, look around you. Alright?" Vince exclaimed slightly. "Wicked just kicked our ass. You think about where you're headed."

"I'm not asking anyone to come with me." I shook my head.

Thomas scoffed. "You're my sister. I'll follow you anywhere."

"Y/n, listen to me." Newt spoke up. "I've known Minho for... Well, as long as I can remember. So, if there was any way that we could help him... trust me, I would be there standing next to you. This, what you're talking about... is impossible."

"More like suicide." Jorge corrected.

"Maybe." I nodded. "But I know what I'm supposed to do now. It's not just about Minho. It's about all of us. It's about everyone Wicked's ever taken, everyone they will take. They'll never stop. They'll never stop, so I'm gonna stop them. I'm gonna kill Ava Paige."

"I have to admit..." Harriet spoke up, standing beside Vince. "I'd like some revenge."

"Well, that's a good speech, kid." Vince looked back up at me. "So, what's your plan?"

Everyone turned and stared at me. No matter what. We'll get Minho back. I'm gonna stop Wicked. Stop Ava Paige. I'll do anything for my family to be safe.

Even if I have to die for it.