check it out!

I have a new story called When Wolves Cry this is a preview see if you like it!

The field a rick carpet of purple as I made lavender crowns with my mother her green eyes crinkled in a smile forever etched into my mind. The large body of my father holding me on his lap his hands running through my raven black hair as he braided it in a fashion of the warrior women. 

"Tell me papa about how the great wolf made the wolves we serve?" 

A deep laugh as my father jokingly said "I have told you a thousand times!" My mother threw a flower at him sticking into his thick beard earning a ecstatic laugh from me. "Tell her the story again" She said while watching me braid the purple flowers for my crown. 

"Well" my father started his voice going lower as he began to tell me the tale. "When the god Loki had three children with a giantess the most terrifying was by far the great Wolf. So terrifying and wild was he that the gods of Aesir got together and tried to capture the wolf Fenrir. But Fenrir could not be held by chains for the blood the the giantess was strong in him and he could tear out of any chains meant to hold even the strongest of monsters" 

"Then how did a ribbon hold him?" I demanded. 

"Shh and I will tell you. Wolves are prideful and vain creatures and Fenrir as the strongest of them was no exception. The gods feared he would destroy the nine worlds and together got together to help the dwarves make a chain that was made of impossible things to do a impossible task. So the dwarves together made a ribbon called Gleipnir"

"Made with the sound of a cats footfall, the breath of a fish, the roots of a mountain...." I rattled off my memory wandering as I tried to remember the rest of the ingredients. 

"Spittle of a bird, sinews of a bear and the beard of a women" My mother finished as she handed me a slice of brown bread with soft butter and honey. "Now let your father finish" 

 "But such creations take time and during that time Fenrir found a witch who laid with him and she bore the great wolf two sons. The first born was a man who could take the shape of a wolf and pass his power to other men in the world. However his younger brother he feared, the younger while he never took the full shape  of the wolf he had the speed and strength of their father. He could harden his skin to protect himself from danger and his fingers could become claws sharp enough to cut steel. He was a Lycian."

Taking a drink from his horn my father continued his voice rising and falling like the great story tellers from the village as he weaved a story into reality. " But the gods knew that these sons could be more terrifying together than the great wolf so they made a plan... Freya the goddess of fertility cursed the second born so that they could only bear children with the daughters of the first born. For she knew the fear would stop the first born son from ever allowing his daughters to marry his brother and they would kill each other over such a curse. However the second born son knew he did not need to receive the blessing of his brother so he stole the first born daughter." 

"Together they had 7 children all sons and when those sons were in need of wives...." My father paused. Looking up he glanced into the woods his hand coming to rest on the ax on his side. 

It was that day Vic had come from the woods and attacked my family tearing my parents appart in front of me their blood staining the wild lavender before he turned to me. Only he had only savaged my leg and left the blood of my family coating his wolfs white fur red. 

Now I lived with a beast inside of me one that was not hard to control as all it demanded was survival but the need to kill those who harmed me was growing harder to control. The beast craved the blood of Vic it needed to feel his life's blood running over its tongue as it made the life drain from his eyes. It was this need that had gotten me in more trouble than I would have liked recently. He had killed my parents then he had made my life a living hell for the next 12 years as if that had not been enough. We would kill him.