Chapter 10

Just so I can get a count how many people have this story added to their library?

Oh and I have another story I have been working on for a few months just added its called Do Not Be Afraid. I hope you check it out and enjoy it and please like and comment on this story. Please enjoy and have a great day.

  It is difficult to accept death in this society because it is unfamiliar

  It is difficult to accept death in this society because it is unfamiliar. In spite of the fact that it happens all the time, we never see it. ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

'

It was early May when she finally spoke. The snow now melted and the landscape beginning to blossom to life around them giving off vibrant greens and and pinks as flowers bloomed in the grasses. The children tiered of being cooped up in the cabins for so long now ran wild through the small village causing a headache to all the adults around as they climbed buildings and trees alike.

The Luna now more accustomed to her human form now sat quietly under a tree eating a slice of bread as she watched the men build one of the greenhouses. A project stopped by the onset of winter now fully underway. Her hair pulled back in a bun like Mary had shown her she wore a rather uncomfortable pair of jeans and a tank top the Alpha had given her.

The strong sent of the Alpha she noticed made most of the males in the pack steer clear though some would approach her often in wolf form to lay rabbits at her feet. Tactfully she ignored them. She would not mate a weak wolf.

Her alpha was a strong wolf she mused to herself. He often was the one to bring back pray for the others to eat and would often bring food back for several mated pairs in bad weather. He being the Alpha was also the largest among the pack in wolf form. But in addition he was no overbearing Alpha. Caring and genital he watched out for the packs pups with a patience she was startled to see. He would be a good mate she decided. Finishing her bread she stood up and started for the woods, her shadow a young Ze-Ev followed her silently.

Quickly shifting she sniffed out the trail the Hunters had used and begun to follow it deep into the woods. Ignoring her shadow she set out to find the Alpha who often led hunts or excursions into the woods to find resources.

The sound of laughter is what distracted her. Following it she found herself in the middle of a small clearing with several of the older pups maybe 15 years of age. They wrestled each other into the ground in mock fights as the growled and snarled empty threats to each other. Noticing her they stopped showed her their neck and continued but watching her closely, their inner wolves wary of an older possibly dangerous wolf.

A small Female burst into the clearing holding a basket above her head shouting "I HAVE GRAPES!!!" She quickly sat down as the pups flooded her and began grabbing the small bundles of fruit to snack on. The largest of the male pups a well build young man who looked to be a warrior in the making took the first bite.

"These don't taste like grapes Amber where did you get these?"

Amber pointing behind her said "they were climbing to a small tree like a vine." Another pup took a bite and complained that it tasted funny. Interested the Luna stepped gingerly between the pups an sniffed at the small fruit that Amber held.

Death. The memories the smell brought back was powerful, growling out she quickly shifted.

"They're gonna die!" She shouted the once silent shadow now howling out a warning to the rest of the pack as he burst into the clearing. Shifting he glared at the pups "Don't eat any more don't you know not to eat what you arn't sure about!"

The sound of wolves crashing through the woods drowned out the sound of the pups whining in apology as the warriors came into the clearing the alpha in the lead.

Quickly the two pups who had eaten the small toxic plants known as moon-seed were rushed to the small hospital. Within minutes they began convulsions their small bodies shaking as white froth began to form in the corners of their mouths. The doctor doing all he could to flush the toxin from their bodies. Moon-seed was apparently worse than silver for the shifters. Killing the shifters wolf if not the shifter. In large amounts it could kill other animals even humans but shifters found the small plant to be their worst nightmares come true.

Several hours later they got the news. The larger pup being one of the Ze-Evs could not handle his wolf being stripped away had passed leaving the other pup who now lay comatose in the hospital bed.

Eric ****

All my fault, at least that's how I felt despite what my sister told me as I tried to console the now grieving family. I sat there silently there was nothing to say, what could I say? Word can never fill the whole a grieving family feels when losing a child. The pain is unmatched its one of those things parents pray never to experience and yet here I am trying to figure out what to do.

"Life is the only thing that can not be replaced once lost. And the sorrow we feel when we lose a loved one is the price we pay to have to have had them in our lives. Let us remember the memories Jacob brought. All the jokes and his leadership that marked each one of us. Let us remember to be considerate to the emotions of others as we comfort the family and friends closet to Jacob. Let us remember to be kind and helpful as we heal from the wound left by his loss. And remember death ends a life not a relationship he will be with us forever. "

The quiet sniffling and soft sobbing lasted all day as Jacob was buried and a small oak sapling planted over his grave as a marker. The pack each donated something to the family or promises to help with repairs to ease the life of the family during the next three months.

"Don't worry about running the border stay home with your wife. She needs you more now" Jacobs father Randy was a good strong warrior much more capable in battle than most wolves. Relieving him of his border duty I hoped would give him time to be with his wife and rest it was the best I could do.

Nodding he looked back at his wife "You sure Alpha I would be glad to help" .

"No I'm sure we can manage with ought you for three months relax and grieve you can run borders when your better."

Walking outside I saw the Luna laying next to the door in wolf form. Since the day of the accident she has refused to change back. Eyes cast down she whined at me. "Its ok hun they will be ok" I rubbed her ear "its not your fault how could you know?" She whined again.

Yes I know that the Moon-Seed plant grows from September to October but I needed this to happen to help move the story along. Please don't hate me. And remember don't eat strange plants.