Chapter 17

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."  

A Wolf stood silently looking over the dead body of a young female wolf her once white silver fur stained red from the blood spilling out from her neck and belly. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head her tongue hanging out of her mouth where she had almost choked on it only seconds ago. There was no emotion inside of him not one of remorse or even anger. He was blank his wolf having been shoved so far into the corners of his mind he could not even tell is he had a wolf anymore. The scent of a pup as it wandered closer looking for its mother hit him still no emotion. Looking at the small pup as it walked out of a thick bush and stared at its mother and then him. A small Ze-Ev pup maybe 8 years old at most. Its thick white pup coat pristine compared to that of its mothers bloody coat. 

Turning he left his job having been completed as the pup howled for the pack its mourning cry still not able to pull any emotion or reaction from the wolf as he took off knowing he did not want to be caught by the pack. 

The alarm was sounded and all the wolves gathered at the cafeteria and hospital who stood side by side. the females were pushed inside and a few males took position at the doors to hold off any attackers as the rest of the pack stood around the Alphas waiting for instruction. Lilly held back her tears as she listened to the report of the first wolf to find the pup and its mother a she-wolf who was learning under the pack doctor. 

The pack snarled in anger the sound of the snapping of jaws and barks drowned out everything else as Eric split the pack into three parts and explained the rout of attack. The pack was looking for blood and they planed to bath in it tonight. May the Lord have mercy on our enemies for we will not Lilly snarled earning a chorus of howls from the pack.

The wolf watched as the pack planned their revenge falling into the trap so many had fallen into before. It was satisfying to know he had done his job correctly picking a wolf that's death would rouse the anger to the point it would blind them.  His Alpha would be proud of him he knew as he wheeled around to inform him the plan was still on track. The she-wolves blood still coating his fur a red trophy painted on him as he made his way to his Alpha. The smell of her death coating him.

His Alpha stood next to a fallen tree leaning against it clothes in only lose fitting jeans. Scars ran up and down his chest where others had attempted to end his life and failed. A deep and nasty scar over his throat the most recent. The wolf who attempted that now only the shell of what she had been. In her wolf form the small brown creature laid on the ground a silver collar keeping her in her wolves form as she curled into a ball to avoid the glances of the males. Her once fluffy brown tail now a matted and scared mess covered her face. The enemies of his Alpha were not always worthy of death. Death was not the worst that could happen to a person was something his Alpha made sure to drill into his pack every day. 

Lowering himself to the ground he made sure to only look at his Alphas feet and waited to be given permission to speak.  Minuets passed as his Alpha ignored him till finally he said sharply "Speak" .  

Quickly making sure to keep it to the point he told his Alpha what had happened and waited.  "You have done a great job and me a great service Liam" Liam  swole up with pride as his Alpha acknowledged his work and even said his name. His Alpha looked him over and instructed him to gather the pack it was time. 

Ok I know its been a hot second but I have hated having to end this story! One more chapter! It tears me up!!!! So please tell me what you think and I hope you can handle the emotional shit storm you are gonna feel next chapter! Vote and Please tell me what you think of my story!