Chapter 1

19 years later 

  Chazak! Be courageous! Do not be afraid or tremble before them. For Adonai your God—He is the One who goes with you. He will not fail you or abandon you." 

 Deuteronomy 31:6 TLV

Eric*****

My pack was small but strong, only seventy or so wolves and at this point they all were exhausted. We were running from the war over Lunas. You see a Luna is a very rare she wolf, they happen to live as long as an alpha which can be a thousand years if given the opportunity to and are the only ones who can bear our pups. The only problem is only one in five packs have one at the moment and so a war has started over them to try to insure the survival of the alphas. I want no part in it though and for the safety of my pack we traveled up to the wilds of Canada to avoid the war.

        My beta Alex Winters trotted up to me in his wolf form. A large tawny brown wolf with a white sock on his front left foot. Bowing his head before he started talking he waited for my approval, giving it he said "I think we have found the place to stay there is a lake not too far and enough trees to give us cover and the prey here is great..."

"And?" I asked him knowing there was something else on his mind.

"I found the scent of a strange wolf." It gets even stronger around the large boulders to the east." I nodded to him thanking him for the warning. I would not blame any wolf for fleeing the wars but we were 300 miles from the nearest human settlement far into the rugged wilds of Canada. The poor wolf was very secluded and most likely insane at this point from being so far from other wolves and was most likely feral at this point.

        I howled loud causing my pack to stop and look up to me. I saw the exhaustion in their eyes as some plopped onto the ground their legs giving out under them. I transformed into my Human form my old green tee and jeans still in fair condition, after three or four more shifts though they would be toast.

"We are going to stay here Go ahead and rest tomorrow we will start making camp. I need the wolves in charge of taking the tents to set them up for the women and pups please. And all scouts and five warriors come see me when you are done settling your family's in.

        It took about ten minutes before all the scouts and my five best warriors came to me all bare chested and in low hanging tattered jeans. The scouts came with their knives and daggers already attached to their upper arms and jeans making them look intimidating to any who did not know just how big  goof balls they were. The warriors followed solemn and serious as always, watching and aware of any possible danger at all times. In all they were the best of the best.

        The bowed all saying "Alpha" and waited instruction. "I have been informed there is a strange wolf in this area I do not know if it poses a threat but until I do I want you to patrol around the pack and stick in groups of three. I want two scouts to check out the land and map it out roughly for me have it ready for me in the morning I will be watching over the pups tonight if you need me you know where to get me." I informed them swiftly and sent them off and watched as a few shifted and grouped up and others got notebooks and pencils to start mapping the area out for me. I jogged over to the almost finished tents and started to help set up for night. 

Thanks for reading!