Chapter 9

Can I just brag for a sec. So I hate blueberries but let me say this blackberry blueberry pie is so good! Better than sex kinda good and I can now die single with 50 cats and a dog good. I spent  one hour baking for the best pie on earth! 

  "If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance."  

George Shaw   

Third person****

The door was fixed and the small cabin back to looking like before and the pack was all in good order, the new additions having taken a week to settle in and get comfortable their family's arrived with no issues the night of the fourth day. Each cabin held two family's who shared a kitchen and living space. Even the Alpha now shared.

"Get off that!" Mary whispered like only mothers can do, the kind that made even the Luna tuck her tail and slink behind Eric and watch as the mother took her five year old she devil of a child off the top of the fireplace. The child part monkey found herself climbing every surface available and drawing her name "Lucy" on everything. Much to her mothers horror she even had cornered  the Luna and painted her paws with bright pink nail polish.    

Eric laughed quietly the Luna now watching the strange two legged mother from the safety provided by the Alpha. "Mary we are going to need to build a jungle gym for this one " he said with a laugh as the child proceeded to squirm out of her arms and run off to create more trouble out of sight of her mother. 

"A cage more like it" the mother growled as she began to clean the floor once more.

"Rest Mary its OK children come with mess you need your sleep" Eric said softly as he sat down on the pile of blankets the Luna joining him. 

He had taken over the males job for this female and took that job with pride. Until she found a mate he vowed to provide her with a home and food and help raise her child. It was a job a male family member from her side of the fathers would take but due to a horrible accident she was left all alone. 

Her husband died in the war and his family died soon after in a house fire. Her family had died long ago. at the age of ten she survived an attack on her pack that left only a handful of people left mostly children. Even the attackers could not bring themselves to harm a child. 

Rubbing the Luna ears he began his lesson. "There are two kinds of wolves. Both similar enough that we can mate and interbreed but the children will take the traits of one of the parents over the other." He began the Luna staring right at him. He did not know if she understood what he was talking about but he figured it did not hurt. 

"The  Ze-Ev and the Hapack. The Ze-Ev are more wolf than human. When a female becomes pregnant she is forced into her wolf form and her pup will be born in that form and keep it till they are six years old. At that point they are able to change into their human form but most are forced to. How we don't know its the one secret they keep." Pausing Eric ran his hand through the silky fur on the Luna's head earning a deep rumble in appreciation. 

"The Ze-Ev are controlled by the wolf more so than any of us. They tend to be stronger and be the best scouts and warriors but the problem is they go into heat. They can only breed every five years and they have one whole month to become pregnant. Due to this many have adapted so that they birth twins regularly."

"Hapack on the other hand can breed at any point and are always ready to have pups. These wolves tend to be larger but slower and actually not as strong as the Ze-Ev. They being more human than wolf are better at blending in with the world around us. The drawback though is they heal much slower, only twice as fast as a human where Ze-Ev can heal in hours or days what a Hapack may take a month to heal."

Lilly*****

Lilly was soaking it all in. While she only understood a few words such as wolf and pups due to how often they were said around her, she filed all he said away to dissect later in the back of her mind. Right now she was taking in his affection and time. Basking in his presence she loved the times he sat with her alone in their den. 

Sometimes he made her shift back into the strange soft skinned form to eat and wash but she felt like she could suffer through it. He kept her with him always, rarely ever letting her alone. Even when she went to run in the morning if he did not go one of the other pack members went with her. Slowly she was finding herself enjoying her new pack, the memories of her old pack slowly drifting to the back of her mind. 

She slowly was learning the names they each called each other, where in the wolf pack they had barks and howls to call each other by this pack made strange sounds to get each others attention. The lone mother wolf who scared her was called Mary her small devilish pup was Lucy. She was Luna and Alpha was Eric or ass as his liter mate called him. 

She found herself trying to call the Alpha "Eric" in her soft skinned human form but struggling to make more than an "Err" sound. But every time she tried the alpha would praise her and hug her the physical closeness making her glow in happiness. 

She listened as he continued. "We are not sure how we came to be, shifting and all, but we have legends where two packs appeared in Russia from the Siberian forest. They were the first of our kind and legend says they were much stronger than us and some held other powers other than shifting. And that is why we have some wolves that can do things such as heal others, and control animals." 

All of this was Greek to Lilly but she listened. A loud squeal sounded from the hall startling both Eric and she to their feet. Following her instincts to protect pups, Lilly trotted down the hall to find Lucy perched on top of the door. 

Huffing she waited for the Alpha to fix it. Once the child was down Lilly snatched the child up. Curling her lips over her teeth she gingerly held the child in her large mouth and carried her to her pile of blankets. Dropping her unceremoniously she huffed as the child immediately went for an escape.  

So naturally Lilly sat on her. Growling softly she started to groom the small child calmly working on her hands and arms till the child gave in and laid still. Ignoring the pups idle chatter she continued her work, she allowed her calm energy to flow to the child and calm its frantic brain till the only sound was a soft snore.   

Third person****

Eric stood in the doorway watching the Luna groom the pup. Her licks calm and steady as she cleaned the child of any grime and calmed her. The sight brought a smile to his lips. If only she could talk. 

Anyone have any siblings like this? I modeled her after my own sister. Please comment and vote!