Trial by Fire

Ulla's POV(past):

"Welcome to Koto."

"First kingdom! Here we go!" i grabbed my stuff and started walking before a hand grabbed my wrist.

"Ulla, i know you're excited but you gotta relax" Donella said.

"This is just exciting" i said "Maybe i should pick up a souvenir for Quirin and Varian from each of the kingdoms"

"you're thinking out loud again"

"Right, sorry"

"let's find this first trial, they're said to all be located in strange mysterious places"

"Yeah, let's do it!"

"Remember, don't cause a scene in town, and don't tell anyone what we're looking for, people will go to any lengths to get their hands on this knowledge"

i started taking notes

"Ulla! Are you listening?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah, let's go!" i said, dragging her towards the town.

Elizabeth's POV(present):

By the time the sun rose the next day we had made it to the fire kingdom.

"Welcome to Koto!" I announced.

"How did you know the way here?" Varian asked.

"My father, stepmother, and i traveled alot before we settling in Old Corona" i said.

"Well, what are we waiting for!?" Varian said, getting off of Prometheus "we've got a totem to find"

As we were walking through the market place we heard something.

"Come one come all! Come witness a spectacular feat like none you've ever seen"

"What was that?" I asked.

"Not sure"

We turned around the corner to see a young boy, i'd say about 12, standing next to a giant firework in the middle of a crowd.

Varian had a nervous look on his face.

"Var? You ok?" I asked.

"He overloaded the main fuse!" He yelled "it's gonna blow!"

"Watch out!" He ran to the middle of the crowd and pushed the boy out of the way.

The rest of the crowd ran as the firework exploded.

"Oh no!" The boy said.

"What were you doing kid!? You need to be more careful!" Varian said, catching his breath.

"Sorry..." the kid said "wait a minute i recognize you!"

"You do?" Varian asked.

The boy nodded "you're Varian! You brought hot running water to your kingdom!" He said.

"Well i didn't do that alone" he said, looking over his shoulder at me.

"I'm Yong by the way!" The boy said.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Yong" Varian said.

"Hey, Yong?" I got the boy's attention "you don't by any chance know of any hidden totems or mysterious places do you?" I asked.

"I know of a mysterious place! Follow me!" The boy said, running off.

"What are we waiting for!? lets go!" I grabbed Varian's hand and pulled him along.

Yong led us to a tall mountain with a cave at the bottom.

"Think it might be here?" I asked Varian.

He pulled out his mom's journal.