The Harvest Ball

(had to make a small edit to fix a continuity error) 

Elizabeth's POV:

"I still don't get why we need to go to this thing" i said"i mean, i understand needing the totem but is dressing up necessary"

"Everyone in the earth kingdom is going" Varian's aunt said, helping me with my dress.

Every year at the end of the three day harvest festival, there was a big party held at the castle that the entire kingdom was invited to.

And because it was while we were here, we were going too.

Also due to the recent discovery that the earth totem is there.

Nuru and Varian's cousins walked in, the girl ones anyway.

"Let's go everyone, the boys are already there" Varian's aunt said.

When we got there i looked down at the garden from the balcony, i spotted Varian off to the side talking to his uncle.

"Varian!" I called down to him as i reached the top of the stairs.

He looked up at me and for a minute he just stared with a look of amazement in his eyes.

Then he smiled and walking up to me.

He held his hand out which i took.

He kissed my hand making me laugh a little before we walked down the stairs.

Most of the night was just talking and hanging out.

Which got kinda boring, which is why Varian and i kinda snuck off away from the group to talk by ourselves for a bit.

"looks like we have a bit of a search to do" i said.

Varian reached into his pocket and pulled out one of his vials filled with a glowing compound.

He looked at me and smiled.

"Let's do this!" I said.