Varian and Ruddiger

(Sorry i missed a day, i had family stuff to tend to, but i'll make it up to you with my favorite part from this book, i had alot of fun writing this one, and tomorrow we have two parts and a big reveal at the end of the second part)

Elizabeth's POV:

"Remind me what your doing?" I asked Varian who was mixing some kind of compound.

"The twins have been begging me to make something so they can switch bodies and prank their parents" Varian said.

"Those two can be such little troublemakers" i looked over at them, trying to play with Ruddiger who was hiding from them.

"Guys, guys, Ruddiger isn't a toy!" Varian said.

"I have an idea, why don't the three of us go play upstairs, away from the dangerous lab equipment" i suggested to them.

"Ok!" They said.

I led them upstairs, giving Varian space to work.

Varian's POV:

"Sorry about them Ruddiger, they can be a little crazy, they've chased Athena around the house too" i said.

Ruddiger seemed upset.

He kept rubbing his nose on my hand and walking around my feet, which he does whenever he wants attention.

I sighed "i know you wanna hangout buddy, but i'm busy, we can play later" i said.

I did feel bad, i haven't been able to spend as much time with Ruddiger as i used to with being so distracted by the trials and everything.

"Ok buddy, i think it's done, let me get it to the twins then we can play" i said.

He started jumping around excitedly and accidentally bumped into my leg causing me to trip and fall.

As i hit the floor i heard glass breaking and the area filled with smoke before i passed out.

A little later

"Varian?" I heard a...weirdly familiar voice.

"Varian!" I opened my eyes and looked around.

What happened?

Why did everything suddenly seem bigger?

"Varian!" I felt myself getting picked up.

"Ahh!" I yelled.

"Oh! Sorry buddy" i got turned around to see...myself?

I was even more confused now.

"So uh...good news and bad news...good news is, your potion worked...bad news, we kinda switched bodies" he said.

"They aren't potions they're-" i held up my hands only to see raccoon paws and realized.

I looked back at this other me, and realized what had happened.

"Ruddiger!?" I said.

"Uh...yeah, so...how do we fix this?" He asked, putting me down on the lab table.

"I haven't made an antidote yet! It should only last a week or so! Oh this isn't good, now i need to make a whole new one, make an antidote, i'm a raccoon!" I yelled.

"Calm down, you're overreacting" Ruddiger laughed.

"I think you're underreacting!" I told him.

"Hey Var? Are you ok? I heard a crash down here" Ellie called down as we heard footsteps coming down the stairs.