Friend or Foe

Elizabeth's POV:

Well...the fire kingdom didn't go as planned.

And Yong wasn't leaving us alone, he wanted to come with us.

"Maybe we can get the totem back by causing an explosion to distract him! Then we can-" Yong went on making plans to get the totem back from the guy we just saw.

"I don't know if that plan would work Yong, explosions can be dangerous" Varian said.

"Ok.." Yong said, sounding disappointed.

"You would know a thing or two about that wouldn't you?" I joked.

"He reminds me of how i was when i was alot younger" Varian laughed.

I laughed a little.

"Wow Var, you sound like a proud dad talking about their kid" i joked.

"Wh-what was that?" He looked at me with a shocked look, completely flustered.

"I'm just messing with you silly" i said.

He laughed a little.

"Hello there" a voice caught our attention as the same boy from earlier blocked our path.

"You again!?" Varian yelled.

"Relax, i mean no trouble" the boy took the totem out of his bag and threw it to Varian, who caught it.

"I feel like we got off on the wrong foot, my name is Hugo, and i want to help you on your quest for the eternal library"

"How did you know that's what we-" i started.

"You were going through the trials, girly, now shush!" Hugo interrupted.

"Ok look, Hugo was it?" Varian said "you can help us but i'm gonna have to lay some ground rules, one, i carry the totems, two, stay with the group, and three, don't talk to my girlfriend like that..."

"Oh you guys actually are a thing!? I was joking back there but ok! Good for you guys! Can we get a move on now!? I know the way to Neserdnia from here." Hugo said holding out his hand.

Varian took it hesitantly.

"My name's Varian" he gestured towards us "over there is Ellie and Yong"

Varian walked back over and climbed back up on Prometheus.

I let Yong ride on my horse with me so he didn't need to walk and we all were on our way to the water kingdom.

I rode up next to Varian as we followed behind Hugo.

"Var, this is crazy!" I whispered.

"Yeah Varian, why are you trusting him?" Yong asked.

"Well...sometimes it's better to keep your friends close....and your enemies closer."