5

(Your POV once again)

We had the first weekend off in weeks. It was fantastic. I slept most of Saturday, and when I wasn't sleeping, I ate. Some cable movie called the Inheritance was on, so I enjoyed my mac-and-cheese. Sunday was less carefree. I woke up later then I wanted to, but the fact I was up before noon was a small miracle. I chose to proceed with my previous plans, and went for a run.

I jogged the ten miles to the park before collapsing on the grass. I hated running. What was I even going to do here? Run some more? Yeah, I think not..... But I just got here. Walking home would be so embarrasing. Can you imagine? I could. I resolved by simply running some more. I groaned and forced myself off the grass. That's when I heard a familiar voice.

"Y/L/N?" I whipped my head around to see Hotch. Crap.

"Hotch!" I said between heavy breaths. "Funny seeing you here." Why did I say that. I'm literally in the biggest park of D.C. It's not that funny. That's when I noticed the little boy by his side. He was sitting on a little bike. His scraped up knees led me to conclude that his dad was teaching him how to ride.

"Hey dude!" I greeted Jack. It looked as if he vaugly remembered me, but couldn't quite place me in any memories. "I work with your dad." I added. He slowly came to realization and gave me a meek smile. He always loved me. I returned my eyes to Hotch. He looked as if he'd been working out too.

"Are you okay?" He laughed. I was practically panting. I probably should've been embarrased if his laugh wasn't the most adorable thing I had ever heard.

"Yeah. I just- I ran here. From my house." I quickly said, exhausted.

"How far away is that?" He asked, obviously amused by my pain.

"Ten or so miles." I squinted in the direction I had just run from. "I'm not a big runner."

His eyes widened. "You're going to run more?" My lips curled up into a smile.

"I was thinking about it. However, this little run-in is a welcomed form of procrastination."

"Daddy's teaching me to ride a bike!" Jack interjected. His crooked smile was the cutest thing in the world.

"Really?!" I exclaimed, as if I hadn't seen the bike. "That's so cool. Maybe, once you've learned, you can teach me." Jack gasped.

"You don't know how to ride a bike?" He whispered to me. I knelt down and returned the whisper. "No!"

"You really can't ride a bike?" Hotch asked as I stood up. He was totally different around Jack then at work; his smile came much easier.

"I don't know actually." I said quickly, earning an amused chuckle. "I'm sure if I ever tried, I would be a great proficient."

"Maybe Daddy can teach you too!" Jack piped in again. I ducked my head, looking down at him. I knew my face was quickly turning pink, but I hoped I could blame it on the exercise. "Maybe one day." I simply said. "I think I'm going to head home. I'll see you at work Hotch. And Jack, it was very good to see you. You'll have to let me know when you're reading for my bike-riding lessons." I said.

"Well, we were about to leave if you want a ride." Hotch said, right as I was about to turn away. I pondered the idea for a second. "Actually, that would be great. Thanks." There was no reason to not go, and the idea of walking home was almost as bad as the idea of running home.   "Can we get ice cream?" Jack asked. I followed them as we made our way to his SUV.
"I don't know about ice cream, but you can invite Miss. Y/L/N to come get frozen yogurt with us." I looked over to Hotch as a small smile crept on to my face. He simply shrugged as the little boy voiced his wishes of my presence. Of course I obliged.

"You're a really good dad, you know." I said. Jack was playing on the indoor jungle gym with a group of boys a little older than he was. "I mean, he absolutley adores you." He looked up at his son, who was currently waving from the top of the structure.
"I only wish I could make it home more." He admitted. I never had thought about Jack being alone with his father away all the time.
"He does too, I bet." I say slowly. I watched Jack as he pointed out his dad to his new friends. "I bet he also is super proud." Hotch looked over at me, confused.
"What do you mean?" He asked. "Look." I said, nodding my head at the group of eight year olds looking over at us, amazed. "He just told them all about his super-hero dad. Probably how he wants to grow up to be just like him. And look around Hotch. Instead of resting and recovering from back to back cases, you're at the Yogurt King. You took him to the park. I heard something about Laser-Tag yesterday too. He has stains from the breakfast you made him this morning. In my book, you're the perfect dad." I said, meaning every word I said. He worked himself dry at the BAU: He's always the last one to leave, is burdened with all the inspections that H.R puts the team through, makes sure everyone is okay, and catches the bad guy almost every time. And after all that, he works twice as hard to give Jack the childhood he deserves.

"Thank you." He said, clearly not used to the praise. I nodded, and we both returned our attention to the little man galloping over to us.

Never thought I would say this: but the run was totally worth it.