15

The team could hardly wait to return to work the next morning. The minute we were granted access to the small building, we began working away. The detective came in thirty minutes after us. We explained the copycat theory and he went off to find a list of family-run hotels. Garcia had already done this, but we didn't have anything else for him to do. 

"What do we know about female serial killers?" Hotch asked us. 

"Less than 15% of serial killers are women. But when they do kill, they are typically more efficient and known to have higher body counts. The preferred motive of murder is poison, but shooting is also a common trend between female serial killers." Reid rattled off. 

"Lavinia Fisher would often drug her victims before sending them up to bed. Had they been lucid, they would've seen the bed sinking into the ground." I added. 

"It says here she was married." Emily looked over the papers we printed about Fisher. 

"John Fisher. They were a team." Rossi remarked. "That changes the dynamic."

"Co-ed killing teams, especially those that are married, are actually the easiest to profile." Spencer said, nodding to me. We had stayed up all night working out all the facts of this theory. 

"The husband is charismatic, charming, and extremely manipulative. He can maintain relationships just fine without ever drawing suspicion to his fractured mental state. His wife will typically have had an abusive childhood or absent father. When they meet, it's a match made in heaven. They share a typical marriage for a few years before killing. The wife often drawing in the victims, and the husband committing the crime against them." I say, sounding a bit like Reid.

"How do we know the copycat shares the same dynamic?" J.J points out. 

"Actually, I think it's a team. The woman commits the murder, while two men become aroused by the severe after-kill." I state. The rest of the team nods. 

"We're ready to deliver the profile."

---

I snuggled behind my book on the jet-ride home. We had caught the unsubs earlier that day: Elizabeth, Zachary, and Keith Mackorn. Our profile had been spot on and led us right to them. The arrest was easier than most, and we were all at peace with the results. I put my book down to watch Spencer play chess with Emily. 

"Who's winning?" I whispered to Morgan. He just shrugged and put his headphones on. Neither of us understood the game. I shrugged, ruffled Pretty Boy's hair before making my way over to Rossi and Hotch. I plopped down next to the pair and simply listened to the pair talk about some movie.

"So!" Rossi interrupted their conversation to turn to me. "When is the date?" His eyes shimmered with amusement. I saw Hotch shift uncomfortably next to me. He didn't want the older man to know. I simply cocked my head to the side, making sure my body or behavior didn't betray me. 

"Date?" I asked him. He shook his head, glancing between Aaron and I. 
"You didn't think you could hide that from an old profiler, did you?" He teased. I pretended to drop my jaw and look shocked.
"You don't-" I stuttered. "Me and Hotch?!" I exclaimed. The older man just raised an eyebrow and Hotch let out a chuckle. I leaned back, relaxing as well. He already knew,  there was no convincing him otherwise. 

"It's Friday." Hotch grumbled, answering Rossi's question. I just nodded. He gave us a satisfied grin before standing up.
"I think Prentiss might have a good shot of beating our favorite genius." He joined the rest of the team's conversation, leaving Hotch and I alone. I slowly shook my head. Hotch turned to look at me, a serious look on his face. 
"Real smooth." He said, the stern expression not wavering. I was more transparent, and let out a loud giggle. 

"You were the one to give us up Casanova." I pointed out. He happily shrugged his shoulders and moved to face me. I did the same, resting my head on my hand. We stared at each other for a few short moments. My eyes darted down from staring into his deep brown eyes and down to my folded legs. I was not used to being timid, but in this moment, I couldn't help it.

"I was thinking steak." He said in reference to our dinner date. I felt a flush coming to my face, for no particular reason, and I finally met his stare.

"Sounds perfect." I said. "Although, if you eat your steak well done, this is going to turn out to be a very short affair." He ducked his head comically.

"Thanks for the heads up."