20

(Hotch's POV)
As Gideon led me further into the police department, I glanced outside. Reid was hugging Y/N. Her face was snuggled in his chest, the way she usually hugged me. A pang of jealousy struck me in the chest. It hurt more than I would ever admit. I turned my attention to my former boss, who was now updating me on his daughter-in-law's murder.

The sound of a door opening interrupted our conversation. Y/N and Reid walked into the set up conference room, their faces void of emotion. Jason moved closer to the pair, but Reid stepped protectively in front of Y/N. I raised an eyebrow at him, which he replied with a glare. After a moment of the awkward silence, Y/N spoke up.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have a case to solve." She said sternly. Reid's rebellious look melted away at the sound of her voice. I watched as his eyes studied her own. The pain of jealousy returned.

"Reid, make copies of the case-files. One for everyone. The team will study independently today, and get a head start tomorrow." I said authoritatively. His glare returned before he walked away. Jason followed to do his own thing, leaving me and Y/N.  

"Y/N, are you okay-" I began to ask.
"Just waiting for an assignment Agent Hotchner." Her voice was cold. She had not once called me Hotchner. The formal greeting slapped me in the face. I couldn't say anything. She scoffed before walking away. I wanted to chase after her. I wanted to scoop her up in my arms, and make her talk to me. I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to do anything but stand there, watching as she left. But that's exactly what I did.

The girls are fighting. lol sorry for not updating. I've been on vacation. I still am, but decided to type this crappy thing up on my phone. Now I'm going to the beach. thanks for reading 🤍