Harmless Flirting

Cassiopeia Nott

Cassiopeia Nott

"If you don't get your lazy ass out of bed now-" Athena started for the millionth time as she hit me with a pillow.

"I'm up! I'm up. Stop assaulting me." I defended groggily as I rubbed my eyes. I looked up at Athena who was tapping her foot and had her hands on her hips like she was my mother. "I've been trying to get you up for the past twenty minutes."

I groaned in annoyance before pulling the covers over my head. "Just let me die here!" I yelled, the blanket muffling my words.

"Get up!" She pulled the blanket off of me. I slowly sat up and rubbed my head. The muddy green water of the black lake was tinting the room, not enough to block the bright sunlight from shining through and directly into my eyes. I swung my legs over the bed to see Athena had already gotten my uniform and bag out.

"What do we say?" She asked when she saw me making my way over to them. "Thank you, Athena. You are the greatest person to ever walk the earth." I complimented as I did a courtesy.

"Very good. Now get dressed. I'm not missing breakfast."

Athena and I walked to the common room with our arms linked. "Good morning, boys." I greeted as Draco and Theo came into view. They wait for us every morning, no matter how long it takes us to get ready.

"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew." Theo recited.

"Shakesphere. Again." I responded as I ruffled his hair.

"How do you always bloody know?"

"You're predictable."

"Am not."

"You are."

"No, I'm not. That doesn-"

"The Nott twins arguing again." Pansy cut off as she came into the common room. "The most common of occurrences."

"Pansy." We dryly greeted in unison. Pansy Parkinson was not one to be messed with. She could build and destroy a social status in seconds. While she is no threat to us, she is not someone we want to be close with. "Care to walk me to breakfast, Teddy?"

"It's Theo to you."

"But Cassie calls you Teddy."

"Cassie is my sister who I love very much. You are......you." He insulted, disgust lacing his every word. "And no. I'm not walking you to breakfast."

"Why not?" She whined in a babyish voice. "Surely you have nothing better to do."

"I do, actually. Now if you don't mind, I have to get going." He snapped as sent us all a 'run' look. We hurried out into the hallway before Pansy could continue or try to join us. Theo shuddered.

"You did it to yourself, man." Draco said as he patted his shoulder.

"I did not."

"What else did you think she was going to do after you slept with her for half of fifth year?" Athena asked.