Rivals

Cassiopeia Nott

Cassiopeia Nott

"What are you doing?" I demanded as I crossed my arms.

Theo quickly hid the blunt behind his back, trying to pretend I hadn't already seen it. "Nothing. What are you doing?" He asked in the same accusing tone.

"Teddy." I sighed, dropping my arms to my side. "We're supposed to be committed qudditch captains. Remember what Snape said?"

"I'm sorry, I just....you know how I feel sometimes." He said sheepishly. "You feel it too. I'm surprised you don't want to just get high everyday."

The overwhelming feeling of the guilt of your mother's death on your shoulders because your father constantly reminds you it's all your fault? Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty familiar with the feeling."Five minutes. Then it's out." 

He did a quick salute before disappearing behind the lockers. I understand why Theo's stressing about today. Snape gave us assignment of qudditch captains because our father was also a qudditch captain. One of the best in Slytherin history.

He's going to be at our first game. We have to assemble the best team, we have to win, and we have to prove to him that we can amount up to something, that he can be proud of us. 

We're not just the people who took the love of his life from him. We're more, much more. Maybe this will make him finally see that. Though, it's doubtful.

I finished tying my hair into a high pony tail and called for Theo. "Come on! Everyone is waiting!"

"Let them wait. It's good to keep them on their toes." Theo waved off as he walked into view. He took one of the hair ties out of my bag and tied a clump of his own hair into a ponytail. "Look." He pointed to the makeshift ponytail on his head. "We're matching"

"You're an idiot." I laughed as I began to drag him out of the locker room. "You look like a deformed unicorn like that. No one is going to take you seriously."

He shrugged. "I don't care. I'm just living my life. They can keep their judgements to themselves. I wanted a ponytail, so I gave myself a ponytail."

The field came into view. About twenty students stood in the middle, all laughing and conversing with one another. About twelve guys and eight girls. We can work with this. The group quieted down when they saw us coming.

"Well, Crabbe and Goyle for beaters." I said as I walked along the line, examining over each of the tryouts. 

"Obviously." Theo agreed as he walked behind me. "Zabini for third chaser."

"Of course." I said, granting Blaise permission to leave the line and go stand by Crabbe and Goyle. The process continued like that until we had narrowed it down to eight people.