The Color Of Desire

Harry Potter

Harry Potter

I thought I hated Cassie and Malfoy's arrangement at the game, but now I realize that was not as far as my hate could go. 

I took a careful glance to where Cassie and her friends sat in the hallway while walking by with Ron. Malfoy had his arm looped around her waist and her face was just a little too close to his for my liking. 

I tore my gaze away from the two, reminding myself it's all just pretend. She doesn't still love him. It's all a ruse. I have nothing to worry about. And I felt momentarily better until I heard her laugh at something someone near her said. Her laugh is the kind of sound I wish I could bottle and keep only for myself. I love it more than any sound in the world. What if that someone was Malfoy? What if this whole thing with him makes her remember why she loved him in the first place? What if he gets her to join him and the deatheaters?

For once, I was actually thankful for one of Ron's Hermione rants to distract me. "Look," He scoffed. "I can't help if she's got her knickers in a twist. What Lav and I have, well, let's just say there's no stopping it. It's chemical."

"I'm sure it is." I responded dryly.

I can't let it slip that I don't exactly love him and Lavender Brown's new relationship. I'm happy for him, really, but I'm more sad for Hermione. She looked so heart broken when they came into that empty classroom yesterday.

Plus, I've been waiting for the day they get together since third year. I guess that day may not be coming as soon as I hoped it would. 

"You know Lav has finally helped me realize something." He continued as we turned down an empty corridor. 

"Yeah? What's that?"

"Why you like your secret girl so much. Snogging is brilliant!" He exclaimed with a hearty laugh. "We haven't sha-"

"Harry!" A familiar voice from down the hall called. Ron and I both turned to see Cassie hurrying after us. Ron looked confused as to why she'd be looking for me, but only for a moment. "Did you finish your half of the project?" She asked, slightly out of breath. 

I had no idea what she was talking about, but played along anyway."Not yet. I need a little bit of help with the ending." 

"Is now a good time?"

Ron began to object before I answered with a smile. "Perfect." 

Ron clearing his throat turned our attention from each other and onto him. He mirrored my smile and stuck his hand out to Cassie. "Ron Weasley." He introduced. 

She gladly shook his hand. "Cassiopeia Nott." She must have thought back to our first meeting because she then quickly added. "Cassie."

"We really must be going. If we don't finish in time, Snape'll have our heads." I said to end the conversation before Ron could come to the conclusion that there is no project.