Silenced

Cassiopeia Nott

Cassiopeia Nott

"Cass?" A soft voice asked from above me. 

I struggled to get my eyes open. It felt as though they were being weighed down by anchors. When I did, I saw Harry looking down on me. "Harry." I smiled, feeling relieved to see him after only darkness for....I'm not even sure how long. Three days, at least?

He sat down on the bed beside me. My bed. I glanced around at the room we're in. It's my dorm. Why are we in my dorm? Last I remember I was in the Room of Requirement with Draco.

He cupped the side of my face in one hand. I leaned into the embrace. "I'm so glad you're ok." He smiled, examining me over as if I weren't really there. "I feared the worst."

I pulled myself up to a sitting position. I took his hand in mine. "I'm fine." I assured with a happy smile. I went to wrap my arms around him when he grabbed my arm. "But you betrayed me. Everyone." He said angrily, his voice becoming distant.

His grip tightened on my arm, which I now looked down it. I gasped at the sight. A dark mark leading down my wrist, the snake moving, mocking me. My eyes filled with hot tears when I looked back up at Harry. 

"I didn't-" I started before he cut me off. 

"How could you?!" He demanded before getting up. "I should have listened to Ginny." He said with a shake of his head. And then he was leaving, walking away from me and out of my dorm.

"Wait!" I cried after him. I moved to step off the bed and slipped down, down into a dark abyss. I stopped just before I hit the cement ground. I tried to move but was trapped. 

Heavy footsteps came from somewhere in the darkness around me. They got closer and louder until I was met with a hooded figure. The figure didn't say anything, just pulled out his wand and tapped it to the tattoo on my wrist. 

Instantly, a warm rush shot through my entire body, like someone was burning my blood from the inside. I tried to scream out for help but no words came out. Until they did.

And then I was awake. 

Sweat beaded down my forehead as I double checked my surroundings. I was still in the Room of Requirement. The spot where I had fallen to Draco's curse was only a few feet away from the red sofa I lay on now. 

"Oh, good." Draco said, coming to view from around the corner. "You're up."

"What did you do?" I asked shakily. "How long was I out for?"

"A simple charm a mentor of mine taught me. You were only asleep for a few days." He answered casually as if it didn't matter at all.

"How long?" I repeated, growing furious.

"Six days."

"Six days!?" I got up from the sofa to reach for my wand. I patted the space on my boot I usually placed it, to find it missing. Draco waved it from behind his back. I reached for it, only for him to dive out of the way.