Drunken Mistakes

Cassiopeia Nott

Cassiopeia Nott

I've been avoiding Theo since transfiguration yesterday. I know he's going to have something to say about who I chose to partner with, and I know it's not going to be an enjoyable conversation on my part.

Athena didn't have much to say about it. In fact, she's been helping me hide from Theo. She's a little suspicious that I'm not telling her everything, but I am. Except for the I can't stop thinking about him part of it all.

"I mean, nothings happened. Nothing is going to happen." I defended. 

She shrugged after a few more moments of careful thinking. "Theo is just being his usual over protective brotherly self. You're not going to have to sit through his lecture more than once if you are being honest. Might as well get it over with now."

"Fine." I huffed. I got up from my bed to head towards the door. The second I opened it, I was met with a very disappointed looking Theo. He pushed past me to enter the dorm without permission.

I slowly shut the door and turned to face him, putting on my best fake "I'm so happy to see you." smile. "Hey, Teddy. What's up?" I asked, dragging out the hey.

"Cassie." He greeted, matching my expression I knew he could tell was fake. "You know I only ever want what's the best for you right?" He moved to sit down on my bed and patted the spot next to him.

"I don't like where this is going." I said as I reluctantly sat down next to him. 

"Answer the question."

"Yes, I do know that."

"I thought so. And since I'm your older-"

"-twin."

"-three minute older brother and the smartest out of the two of us-"

"-that's not true."

"Yes it is. Stop interrupting."

I mouthed a quick "Sorry." and let him continue. "And the smartest out of the two of us, I should know what's most likely best?" I opened my mouth to object before he started again. "The answer is yes. Do you know what's not good for you, or should I say who's not good for you?"

"No. Please, enlighten me." I said in the most sarcastic voice possible.

"Potter."

"Potter? Now what ever do you mean, Teddy? I don't know any Potter."

"Stop playing games, Cassie. You two were looking a little too happy to be partners yesterday in transfiguration."

"Looking and actually being are two very different things."

"I know what I saw."

"Do you?" I shot back, becoming irritated with him.

"Uhm, I'd hate to break up this little, uh, family chat, but could you maybe do it somewhere else?" Athena spoke up from the corner of the room. Theo and I both turned to shush her before going back to glaring at one another.