Harry and Cassie's Strictly Platonic Friends With Benefits Rules

Cassiopeia Nott

Cassiopeia Nott

I poked at my chicken, tuning out the world around me and allowing myself to get lost in my thoughts. What did Harry mean when he said I won't give up that easily? He hasn't made a move, much less spoken to me in three days.

"Are you ok?" Astoria asked from beside me. "You seem a little off."

"I'm fine." I said with a convincing enough smile. "Just bored of listening to Athena and Theo's arguing." Astoria nodded in agreement as we looked at the two across from us. Usually, Draco would have told them both to shut up but he's no where to be found.

"No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that back when he was a teenager! That's when he got all the bitches!" Theo exclaimed a little too loudly.

"Who in there right mind would sleep with someone named Albus Dumbledore?" Athena asked as she dropped her fork down. "No one. Literally no one. He was probably a loner."

"No. He one hundred percent had girls throwing themselves at him."

"I'm beginning to think you want to throw yourself at him."

"Ugh, Athena! That's disgusting!"

"Are they really arguing about if Dumbledore used to sleep around?" Astoria asked me, not taking her eyes of the pair.

"Wouldn't be the first time." I shrugged before disappearing back into my thoughts.

Was Harry just messing with me? Trying to throw me off balance or something? Trying to prove a point to Draco, maybe? I looked across the great hall to the Gryffindor table. Harry had already been looking at me and smiled when our eyes met.

He then turned to the the girl beside him and said something to Ginny Weasley. Whatever he said, it made her cheeks go scarlet red. He then scooted closer to her and, I think, started flirting with her. She giggled at something he said, her eyes not leaving his for a second, completely mesmerized.

I felt a stinging in my stomach. A burning jealousy took over my every thought. Harry glanced at me and grinned when he saw my disgruntled expression. He leaned even closer to Ginny and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before whispering something in her ear, almost exactly as he had to me in the empty classroom.

I slammed my fork down on the table, causing Athena and Theo to stop arguing and look at me. "I'm going to take a nap." I said, the anger obvious in my voice.

Athena took my hand in hers before I could stand up."I'm almost afraid to ask, but are you ok?"

"Fine. Absolutely fine." I said with the sweetest smile I could manage before I got up and stormed out of the hall, no doubt, leaving Astoria, Theo, and Athena more than confused.

I could barely even think about that right now, though. Who does Harry bloody think he is? Sleeping with me, flirting with me, and then moving on to Ginny!? He's awful. I should have seen it before. I mentally cursed him as I made my way to my dorm.