XV.

-yall im sorry for ghosting for a few months, I have done at least 14 short films in those past months and a few documentaries and next month ill be doing at least four more. Plus I had no motivation to write so I kinda just needed to think. 

-July: Also sorry I had several issues going on and lost time to write and think.

Seeing the once glorious hotel go up in flames made you cry, the heat stung your skin and the ask from parts of the building fell like snow. You and Emma looked around frantically for your families and you spotted your parents and your older brother holding your two cats. Emma's family was next to yours and neither of them saw you as you tried to get to them. 

Emma broke off from Tyrell pulling you sharply with her, she wouldn't let you go now or ever. The actress bolted deep into the moving crowd straight for your families but was stopped by a couple of people from the Knights. 

"Sorry, my Queens but we need to go." You recognized that voice - it was Fudama. She was a part of the Knights of Moorbourough and you wondered who else that spoke to you all was there too. She wore a face mask to blend in with the other Knights, both of you being taken to a car before you could register what was happening. 

Emma said something to her but you were already numb, the sirens, the shouts, and seeing your scared family burned into your mind. Was this the price of being with Emma? 

The car ride was silent as Tyrell sped down the street, Fudama holding your hand and comforting Emma. She was just as alluring as she was with her makeup skills. Emma had taken off her crown and laid her head on your shoulder, she smelt like flowers and ash. You turned your face into her hair and closed your eyes. 

_

The car had stopped and another guard opened the door, Fudama jumped out, both of you following. You noticed the area, it was a small house surrounded by large apartments that reached the sky, the streets were small and packed. You saw a paper on the ground of the wedding. The small house was hidden by the highway and mostly abandoned construction. Emma entered the house, it was modern on the inside, updated appliances and top security gear covered the walls. Seeing a few monitors you saw that they were of the hotel, you saw some flames and a few people rushing out. 

But something caught your eye and you motioned for Emma. Another guard was already eyeing the monitor and waved a hand at Tyrell and Fudama. The Countess was being dragged out, along with her husband by Erik Mason and his son. 

Emma gripped your hand tightly, Fudama glaring at the screen seeing the Countess being taken away. She muttered something in her native tongue and with her facial expression you knew it wasn't good. 

"Fudama." You say, your voice weak.

"Yes My Queen?" She turned to you, smoothing out her silk gown trying to appear calm. 

"Why were forced to get married here and why are the Masons involved?" You ask. 

"We believe that the Council would have tried to kill you both after the wedding and unfortunately they are just as involved as the Council is." She sighed. 

"But why wait until after we are married?" Emma's voice was much stronger than yours and even with ash on her hair, she was still as beautiful as ever. 

"If you passed before the wedding your brother would have been the next in line to immediately take the throne, by then the Council would be declared traitors and punished. In order for the Council to continue their rule they must declare the Queen, or in the case Queens unfit to rule." 

"They would have slapped a crime on you both in one way or another, declared you both as traitors to the crown." Tyrell added, handing you both water. 

"Is that a part of the law?" Emma asked. 

Fudama nodded, "The Council is not the permanent ruler of Moorbourough, only to aid the Queen and step in temporarily if one dies, vanishes, or steps down." 

"If the Masons were involved, then why the contract for both families?" Emma asked the question that had been burning in your mind for a while, making you think back to the Contract that the Countess spoke of. 

"I overheard the Countess talking about a contract with the Erik Mason, what was that about?" You turn to Tyrell who smirked.

"Queenie has an eye, or an ear, ha! The contract was pretty simple, Erik Mason has some royal blood in his pasty white bones, but not enough to keep them living large. They were going bankrupt after getting caught smuggling exotic birds from Moorbourough to the states. The Council won't book him because he's rich, works for them, and is a part of this whole scheme to keep them in charge." He explained, "The Countess knew about this contract with the Masons, not entirely on the smuggling just that they were broke. The reason you were thrown into the mix is that you aren't really from where you think you're from."

"Please don't tell me I'm some lost princess of bullshit land right?" You stare at him and he laughed. 

"No, your family has deep ties in (country), when Moorbourough was established your family helped found and keep the country running, after you all left a few hundred years ago you established in (state.) Apart from your family's contract was that someone from your family would marry an heir, only when needed as your family was held at high standing."

"Then how come no one in my family knows about this?" you ask, thinking that at least a grandparent or your dad who's a large history buff would mention it at some point. 

"There was a civil war back in Moorbourough in 1789. It involved a Queen who was - very bloodthirsty, which resulted in the Library of Moor being destroyed, including the records of the contract and some of the history." Faduma said, "It was unfortunate due to the fact that Moor was the first name, it was later changed to Moorbourough following Queen Reina's rule. She expanded the border adding more territories that were in No Man's Land, to aid those who suffered in the war or had no home. That is why the current name still stands." Fudama patted your shoulder.

"Enough history my Queens, it's time to get you on the plane, you're going to Moorbourough." 

"Why?" Emma asked, "Wouldn't the Council try to kill us?" 

Tyrell smirked, "We have proof they sabotaged the wedding, it's time to take control and free your country."