VII.

Emma awoke to her alarm going off at six a.m. like always. She rubbed her eyes and stretched, sitting up. She looked over and almost screamed but stopped herself from seeing you asleep on her bed. You both had fallen asleep - in the same bed before you were married. She quietly slid out of the covers all the while her mind was swirling with the rumors and possibility of a scandal that could emerge from this. 

 The actress quickly got ready for the day, this was the second day of the engagement party which the day was mostly spent on planning the wedding and inviting guests and going over the rules of Moorbourgh. The holidays, etiquette, and the traditions of her soon to be country. The country she would rule with you. She left the bathroom and noticed you were still asleep. You were snoring lightly and your hair was amess. She smiled softly, you looked so adorable sleeping like that, so peaceful. 

But the issue of the contract was at hand. She quietly slipped out of her bedroom, making sure no one was there to see her leave and she walked down the hallway still in her pajamas. She wasn't sure where she was going but her first thought was to speak to her parents about this. She turned a corner to find their room when she heard talking. She stopped. 

"...The contract with the Watson family and the [L/N] family has only been around for at least a hundred years or more. The contract your family signed with mine has been much longer. You promised my son, Jared the title years ago! Don't forget that my family knows-" An unknown man was speaking. 

Emma stopped to listen, this was a new development. 

"Erik, please, both contracts with the heir have been valid for years, your great grandfather approved of the [L/N]'s contract if I remember correctly. " The Countess said. 

There's a second contract? But why? Emma thought, trying to put it together, and the Countess knows?

"The Masons have been heirs to Moorbourgh for centuries, when did this new rule come about that the queen to be would marry a wench from the grapevine?!" 

"Erik dear you really must get out more, the [LN] Winery has been a Moorbourgh prize for centuries. Really now as someone who calls himself a wine enthusiast-" The Countess retorted but Erik said something in another language that made her scoff. 

The conversation had ended and Emma quickly rushed down the hall with the news to her parents. 

You woke up around 7:30 a.m. You were exhausted all around and sore from yesterday. You looked around seeing that you weren't in your room. 

"Oh shit this is Emma's." You mumble, getting up, and studying the suite even more. Emma was way more organized than you were, everything had its place. You noticed that she wasn't there and quickly making the bed in a semi shitty way, as you were never good with these things you dipped out of there. 

You weren't paying attention until you ran into Tyrell. 

"Oh hey lady, how was last night with the queen to be?" He laughed, making you shake your head. 

"Nothing happened." You say. 

"Awh come on I got bets going, I got a hundred on you -what happened?" He smirked.

"Well I made her flustered a bit, no kissing and no sex if that's what you were looking for." You say, "Wait - bets? Who's doing this and why am I not involved?" 

He laughed once more, "Ah just the hotel staff, we play these games when the rich folk roll on in. But I figured you'd make the first move - but uh did ya'll do the dirty?" 

"Omigod no I already told you." You blush. 

"Ah - damn - I was betting on that too." He huffed, "Ah well guess I owe Max some green."

"We didn't! But - we did sleep in the same bed, I mean if that helps." You say, hoping to help a friend get some extra cash. 

"Works for me. Tyrell is winning tonight, and uh - if you can sneak a kiss or something, I got a few hundred on that." 

"Wait - so sex is only a hundred but a kiss is like, two? What kinda rules you got?" You were intrigued. 

"Emma's got this reputation of being a bit stingy, nothing super bad but like - kinda posh, no one knows you so we thought you'd be game for something crazy, ya know? Lots of these bets are on you making the first move - the higher ones are on her." He explained. 

You thought about this, was everyone seeing something you weren't? Did everything think you both were going to just fall in love and have some sort of steamy romance? 

"Did I miss something in my own engagement or?" You trail off and he only laughed. 

"Listen babe, keep up the flirting and keep on keeping on - I'll be rich by the time your stay is over." 

"How long are we supposed to be here for?" You ask, now wondering how long this stay at the fancy-ass hotel would end. Your cats had been moved into the suite late last night, your mom had texted you about it but you never questioned it. 

"Oh these royal things go for three days, then the wedding is on the fourth. Then you two will probably fly out to Moorbourgh to rule." Tyrell said, stopping in front of your suite. 

"What?" 

"Yeah you get hitched in three days, didn't you know? That's what these parties do - the first day is all fun and games, the second is all about wedding planning and shit, learning about your country or whateves and the third day is the Day of Honor to the Moorbourghs. You partake in some Moorbourgh wedding ritual before being wed here." 

"Why here and not Moorbourgh?" You ask, thinking of all those movies where they royals married in the country they ruled with all the people they would rule watching it. 

"You didn't know? The last Queen to be was murdered."