IX.

-I am so sorry for not updating there has been various issues going on in my life with also moving halfway across the country for school.
Thank you for being kind,patient and understanding. 🌹
You were sitting at a long table filled with silver, china, and various foods from Moorbourough to England. You were wearing a tight-fitting dress, one that was not native to you but to the country, your fiance was from. She wore a gown similar but more regal. On her head was a tiara and yours was a smaller one.

You and Emma would exchange glances here and there, looking at each other in worry or smiling at each other if someone was watching. You both had to pretend you two were falling in love but the thing is - it was possibly the truth.

The Countess greeted you, quickly whispering in your ear when no one was looking. She scolded you both for having little trists when you two thought no one was around. You blushed and stuttered out an excuse but she shook her head before ushering you both into another room.

This was a large and more decorative study than the one you two hid out in. It had marble floors, painted ceilings, two or three-hundred-year-old books lining the shelves, and the desks were trimmed with gold leaves and vines. You both sat down and before you were two large books, both old and one smaller book that was new.

Before you both was a large board, with maps and the English alphabet and a new one underneath it, assuming this was the native tongue of Moorbourough. The man before you was kind, gentle, large, and had a mustache. The woman next to him was also large, kind, gentle, and her hair was up in a series of braids.

"Hello, your Highness and the bride to be. We welcome you today." The man spoke, but neither you nor Emma had any idea what he said.

"Today we will learn the history of Moorbourough and the basic ways of speaking, you two will continue lessons after you both are married and soon enough become fluent in your ancestor's tongue." He said.

"I am Martique DeMone and this lovely lady is my wife, Jenie DeMone." The man said, "Shall we begin?"

Both of you nodded and the lesson began. You two spent awhile learning about the regions in the country, the families, it's history - albeit a brief one, some basic mannerisms, the population and the resources the country offered. After five hours it was evening and you two would take your food in the study as you had a few more things to learn.

All the while you were getting nervous as the murder weighed on your mind. Emma would glance at you also thinking the same thing. One thing you didn't notice however the looks she gave you that were caught by the professors. The husband and wife duo smiled lovingly at each other.
The two of you continued lessons up until the early afternoon when you asked the question that had been burning in your mind.
"Sir I have a unknown word." You asked in the Moorbourogh tongue you still didn't know what the word question was and he wouldn't answer you in English.
"Yes my Queen to Be?" He said.
"What happened to the last queen? It says here she died on the same date as her wedding day." You say, not letting on that you knew what happened. Emma watched on waiting to step in if anything got out of hand.
Martique and Jenie looked at each other nervously and the happiness in the room was sucked out.
"I -I believe she had an accident with her horse. She fell and broke her neck." He stuttered.
You frowned, Emma spoke up.
"I read that she took her own life."
Jenie coughed, "Of course my husband must have been confused. Now since it's late why don't you two step out for some supper and we'll resume lessons later."
Emma quickly stood up and left with you following behind her. Once you two were alone she glared at the door of the library.
"That is utter bullshit they know something but won't tell us."
You grabbed her hands to calm her. "I'm wondering why no one will tell us about it."
She noticed you were holding her hands and blushed. You tried to pull away but she instinctively held on tighter.
"We need to find out what happened. If we can separate them and ask again I'm sure someone will slip up and give us more info." She was staring at your hands. You bit your lip, blushing as well.
Jenie stepped into the hall and laughed a bit, "Oh it's nice to see you both so in love." She gushed and Tyrell showed up shortly after. You dropped her hands and pulled away.
"The Countess wishes to see you both, sorry to cut the lesson short Madam."
Jenie frowned and nodded, "I understand." She quickly regained her smile and the both of you followed your guard to the Countess.
"Why is everyone so obsessed with us being in love?" You whispered to Emma but she remained silent. Tyrell turned to you.
"Most arranged Moorbourough marriages aren't for love, it's money and power. Also if I were you two I wouldn't ask the people under the Mason's thumb about the dead queenie. "
Emma stopped in shock and you opened your mouth but nothing came out.
"Don't think we don't know what goes on here. All I'm telling you is you're asking the wrong people." You three stopped in front of a large ornate door.
"Then who do we ask?" Emma asked, folding her arms.
"Ask Grannie Goods, the baker. She's ninety but she was a kid when it happened. Talk to her later tonight." He knocked on the door and Countess appeared looking angry but faking a smile.
"We have much to talk about my Queens to Be."
Tyrell nodded and walked away leaving you and Emma even more worried than before.