XVII.

Note: I forget time exists and I have had a lot going on, I honestly never had the time to write and when I did I couldn't bring myself to work on this story as I had other stories I have been working on. I am so sorry. Also, I had a massive outline in my drafts for this story and now it's gone thank's to my computer dying. I can't find it along with the other unfinished chapters I had made. Oh well.

You could only hold Emma's hand and stare at the people in the room. The air was tense as your beloved wife could only hold her head higher and narrow her eyes. The people in the room were wealthy, wearing lavish suits, and few women with dresses of Moorbourough culture. 

They were clearly in the middle of a meeting but everyone stopped and stared. To an untrained eye, you would assume that it was awe in their gaze but with everything both of you knew it was fear. They knew you both were coming.

"Your Majesties, a pleasure to meet you." You recognized one of them, he looked to be related to the Masons. 

"We were just discussing the best course of action to bring you further into our nation and how to prepare you for your roles." Another one stated this one seemed to be on the higher end of the rich train. He spoke with authority and was seated at the far end of the table. 

"Nice to see you, General Tyrell." Another spoke. 

"Since when are you military?" You ask your new best friend and he looked at you with a wink. 

"Like I said, I have my ways, Queenie." He whispered. 

Faduma, Latora, and Jason all stood next to you. Jason was studying every person in the room, head tilted to the side. Faduma only folded her arms, in what appeared to be defiance. 

"Should the Queens see the Palace then, Councilman Addams?" Latora asked, her voice polite but laced with something much darker. 

"They must be tired from the from their flight, I assume these two need to rest. Your majesties, we shall discuss the future of our kingdom tomorrow morning, yes?" Addams said, clearly wanting to get rid of the both of you. 

Jason started tapping his fingers along his forearm, you noticed it was in a code. 

"I think we can discuss these issues right now." Emma stated, annoyed with how they have been treated as well as dismissing her wife. She grabbed a chair from the side and pushed it between two councilmen who had to move away, making the table seem crowded. 

You only snorted, trying to hide your laughter at how aggressive she was being. She even went further and placed her feet on the table, leaning back and folding her arms. 

"Your majesty!" The man next to her was appalled at her behavior. She only held her hand in front of him to silence him, not even bothering to look at him. 

"I want to know what your plans are for integrating my wife and me as rulers." She stated fiercely, her voice louder. 

There was silence in the room and Faduma only smirked, biting her lip at how everything was going. Tyrell however was nervous, eyeing the councilmen, almost as if he was waiting for something to happen. However, the only thing that did was Councilman Addams's laughter. 

"We haven't had a free spirit in here for a while now, yes, let's get to it then." He beamed. 

You shared a look with Jason who was only as surprised as everyone else was. It was confusing for you as everyone's words held other meanings and no one seemed to know exactly who was the enemy and who was the friend. 

After spending two hours talking with the council on a very basic restructure you and Emma were finally alone. 

"Their plans sucks." You say flopping on the bed, you both finally had a chance to change into comfy clothes. 

"I know, it's lacking detail and dates. They just say, oh start by having fun and seeing your kingdom, then joining meetings, then slowly working your way up." She rolled her eyes, pacing the room. 

"Sounds like a shit job, do we get paid to do it?" You sit up laughing a bit and she only waved her hand at you, but her smile was still clear. 

"So now what do we do?" You ask as she goes and sits next to you. 

"We ask for a detailed plan and try to align it with their other plans. Jason said they don't plan on offing us just yet, they need something specific." She furrowed her brows, biting her lip. 

"They have a library, we can check that out tomorrow and start looking." You say, yawning.

"We have to make sure the workers in the palace are people who won't rat us out." She said, scooting closer to you. "Are you tired?" 

"Yeah." You nodded, sleepy.

She smiled and pulled you into her lap, stroking your hair. "What am I going to do with you?" 

"Keep me and love me forever?" You teased. 

"I think I can do that." She leaned down and kissed your temple. Emma continued thinking of a plan, something she had been doing very frequently as of late. She remembered when her life was a lot more simple than now. She secretly wished she could go back to before, but then she wouldn't have met you. 

"I won't let anything happen to you." She whispered as you had fallen asleep. As long as she was Queen nothing was going to harm you, she was sure of it. 

"You're mine."