V.

The night ended, thankfully and the first thing Emma did was flop on her bed not really caring about taking off her heels or her dress. She sighed, annoyed and exhausted at how long the day was. She did, however, take into account at how nice you were and how it easy to be open about her opinion on such matters. She was thankful that you had the same idea as her and both of you wanted out. She slipped her heels off and checked her phone, messages from her friends and family who were there at the party and two people who took photos of you interacting with her. Then of course the bad news came - 

Her social media was blowing up with images of you and her together, talking or smiling at one another. Various articles were already written with "The Bicon Queen of the Century" or "Emma Watson into girls? More likely than you think." Already people seemed happy that a queer couple was taking center stage and that Emma was the perfect candidate to be queen. An article already mentioned you and that you were a feminist, a black lives matter supporter, and apart of various groups to benefit women's rights and those in the LBGT+ community. She herself was an ally but she never took herself to be interested in the same sex. 

She mused over the photos that the cameramen had leaked, one of you two dancing - it captured your smile and hers really well. She pursed her lips, of course to the untrained eye it looked to be that you two were already smitten with each other. She noticed thousands of comments supporting the two of you and how cute you guys were. 

"Look at Emma's smile! She's in love!"

"Lucky girl! I wanna date Emma." 

"I stan the Queens of Moorbourough!" 

"How late is it to get a passport to move with two queer queens?" 

"It's pride month every month!" 

She smiled, at least some people were being nice and caring, then others not so much. She saw a few calling the both of you terrible names and she scoffed. It was 2020 people! Even if Emma wasn't forced to marry and even if she wasn't queer it didn't matter who loved whom. 

She shut her work phone off and looked at the messages from her personal phone, each text was from her family and a few close friends saying how they loved and supported her decision. Tom messaged her. 

"So proud of you being out and loving whom you love! <3 you Em." She smiled at that. Tom was always a good friend. 

She responded saying she wasn't so sure if she was into girls but you were nice and very smart. 

"She'll steal your heart soon, I'm sure you already have hers. Cheers love." 

"Night Tom, text me tomorrow?" 

"Of course babe <3 Bring your girl over next time we go to the beach yeah?" 

"I'll ask her :)."

Her mind wandered back to the dream she had on the plane, the one about the beach and were you were standing in the waves admiring the ocean. She thought more about it, she admitted - though very slowly to herself that you were attractive. You had a lovely smile and you listened to her vent full-heartedly. You looked at her like she was a person, though of course at first, she did see the same star-struck nervousness about you that most of her fans had when meeting her. She saw it dwindle by the hour and by then she was just Emma, nothing more. She thanked you in secret for that - at least you wouldn't put her on a pedestal. 

Out of curiosity, Emma decided to find your social media pages and look into them. Your facebook was full of memes and the side of the political party she was on, that was if she was a voter for the states. She saw various film memes and cat photos, your friends tagging you in Disney videos and makeup art. She saw that a few of your friends tagged you in memes, and by god were there already about you and her getting engaged.