⌞6⌝

Bonfires are the biggest glade tradition. The first twenty had one when they first came up and then they made it a monthly thing, when the new Gladers came up through the box. That was no different for the greenie, at sun down the Gladers started setting up the huge fire and when it got dark each of the keepers lit up their torches while everyone stood around them, Rory was in between Chuck and the greenie since Newt and Alby where throwing torches in.

"Light em up" Alby shouted and everyone who had a torch threw them in before everyone clapped and cheered along. The mini band that was formed played while everyone celebrated. Rory had her arm over Chucks shoulder as the two talked before she got pulled in the middle of everyone by Alby and Minho, each of them wrapping an arm over her shoulders.

"God am i getting bored of seeing the same four walls every day but you guys make this a whole lot easier. To greenie!" Rory cheered and grabbed the extra jar from Minho that he had grabbed for her and held it up, everyone else who had a drink held it up as well before each of them drank their own. After that everyone went their separate ways, most of them staying beside the people they work with. Rory, greenie and Newt sat with their backs against a log, her in middle.

"hell of a first day greenie" Newt stated as he ate the kebab that frypan had prepared. He grabbed his drink and handed it to Rory who then put it in front of the new guy "there, put some hair on your chest" Greenie shrugged before taking a sip and almost immediately spitting it back out in front of him making the other two laugh a little.

"oh my god what is that" He asked before handing it back to Rory who took a sip of it before Newt remembered it was his and snatched it of her.

"i don't even know, its Gally's recipe" Rory stated as she grabbed the jar back of Newt and took another sip of it before he snatched it off her yet again "apparently its a secret but i could probably get it if i asked"

"yeah well he's still an asshole" The greenie stated as the three of them looked at where Gally and some other Glader where 'fighting'.

"He's not that bad, he doesn't like change" Rory exclaimed and hugged her knees to her chest to warm herself up since they where relatively far from the fire.

"Plus he saved your life today, trust me" Newt added "the maze is a dangerous place" Rory looked over at Newt with a smile of reassurance knowing what happened to him in the maze and what the two of them had gone through when they lost a fellow Glader to grievers.

"Were trapped here aren't we" The brunette boy asked the pair.

"yup" Rory mumbled, usually the girl was so filled with encouragement and persuasion but when she's in a smaller group all that courage drops.

"for the moment" Newt spoke in a reassuring tone as he nudged Rory letting her know to not let the greenie doubt there time in the glade before pointing to the group of runners as the three turned to look at them "but you see those guys, by the fire, those are the runners"

"the guy in the middle, sat down, that's Minho. He's the keeper of the runners, the lad knows more about that maze than anyone here i swear" Rory spoke, hyping up one of her best friends from afar before cupping her hands around her mouth like a megaphone "love you Minho!"

"love you too shank!" Minho shouted back at the girl with a wave

"anyway, every morning when those doors open, the runners run the maze. Mapping it. Memorizing it, trying to find a way out" Newt spoke and rested his arm over Rory's shoulder as the three turned back around to face the giant concrete wall in front of them.

"How long have they been looking" The greenie asked

"technically just under three years, the first day people started going in that maze was scary as shit. We checked the time the gates shut and opened as well as planning out weapons and food to take in for at least a month straight" Rory thought back to the memory, it was one of her first that she could actually recall.

"Language Ro, you know we don't use it in here" Newt chuckled a little and placed a kiss on her temple that for some reason made her blush a little "but yeah, three years"

"and they haven't found anything" he asked

"more easier said than done, listen" Newt pointed to the air, leaning his head closer to Rory's. The all to familiar grinding noise was heard faintly "that's the maze changing, it changes every night"

"how's that even possible" The greenie that Rory was now slightly becoming annoyed with because of the amount of questions he asked, asked the pair.

"Magic" Rory deadpanned "how else do you think, whoever put us in here has control over the place. They don't want us to leave so they make it harder" 

"listen the truth is, the runners are the only ones who truly know what's out there. They're the strongest and the fastest of us all" Newt replied, Rory cleared her throat and gave newt a side glare "other that Rory but no one wants to risk her going in"

"even though id be a great runner, i must admit I'm not curious to find out what's beyond those walls" She replied with a slight laugh

"and its a good thing too because if they don't make it back before those doors close then they're stuck out there for the night and no ones ever survived a night in the maze" Newt spoke almost ominously making Rory hold back a giggle. She believed that if he wanted to then the greenie probably could become a runner, a good one too.

"what happens" The greenie asked yet another question

"we call them grievers, of course no ones ever seen one and lived to tell about it but they're out there" Newt went silent, looking out at the wall before patting greenie's shoulder and standing up. He held out a hand for Rory to pull herself up. She smiled in reply and walked over to the 'main' area where Gally and another Glader where tussling...

 She smiled in reply and walked over to the 'main' area where Gally and another Glader where tussling

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚authors note**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

- It's currently snowing where i live and I've been outside for too long, I've made myself ill so that's amazing.

- Also i finally have a plan on how I'm going to make Newt and Rory confess their feelings so that's great!!

- I've also decided that i lowkey wanna face reveal even though I'm pretty sure a few of my readers already know what i look like so look out for my face reveal chapter!!