⌞13⌝

Rory paced back and forth, arms crossed and biting the skin of her nails. She sighed and looked up at the afternoon sun before calming herself down and sitting on the grass in front of the wooden planks the builders where soon to be using for more sheltered areas.

"i just have a bad feeling about her. i mean its been three days since we got a new greenie and then suddenly she shows up. Its a little suspicious" The girl shrugged and looked at the boy in front of her.

"Both her and Thomas are suspicious Rory, everything changed since that shank came up. First we have two griever attacks during the day and then we have a new greenie after three days. Its all so confusing" Gally answered the girl who was still nibbling on the skin around her nails.

"Thomas is alright though. Yes we might have had two attacks but he also helped us majorly. Alby is still alive after everything and its thanks to Thomas" Rory groaned and laid down, looking up at the blue sky. The boy was sat opposite her also looking up at the sky "can i trust you with something"

"Of course you can Ro, you know that" Gally raised his eyebrow as Rory sat up

"i killed a griever too. Well not killed it but sort of killed it. Its dead but not really. Its like in a heavy sleep unable to wake up without something. I did it though and that's why i was so exhausted when i came back. I'm special, that's how they described me anyway, the people who put us in here" Rory ranted.

"you remember" Gally asked

"Not a lot just that i was put under a lot of examinations and that i managed to put a lot of things into this death like sleep when i was angry. I also remember Minho and Newt, the three of us where best friends back when whoever put us in here had us" Rory sighed a sigh of relief, happy to finally have it of her shoulders "but don't tell anyone please, i don't want to look like a freak"

"secrets safe with me Ro. So like how did you do it" Gally questioned, Rory jumped up and held out a hand for Gally to pull himself up. When she did she dragged him over to the Blood house, inside was a bunch of livestock used for food. When Rory saw no one was inside she rushed over to where the ill animals where and gulped. She knew that these where the next to be slaughtered anyway.

"Watch" She whispered and focussed all her attention on the pig that had an injured leg that stopped it from doing much. She closed her fists into a ball hesitantly and dug her nails into her hand. The pig fell limp and Rory felt that, now familiar, thick liquid drip from her nose. She wasn't as exhausted, assuming it was because of the animal being smaller than a griever but it still made her a little light headed.

"holy shit" Gally whispered as Rory wiped her nose on the back of her hand. The girl nodded and the two headed back outside, she stayed silent letting Gally think about what just happened. Her nose stopped bleeding and she washed her blood stained hand and nose with the water from the lake "i don't know whether that was cool or scary"

"both. Its cool but i can only do it once ever so often since it makes me exhausted and dizzy along with the obvious nose bleed" She chuckled a little. The two went over to the runners who had quit the job that morning, each to scared to go back out. Rory joked that they where all babies and challenged them to stay in the maze over night however they where all quick to shut that down.

Minho pulled her away after that, telling her that he was getting people to come with him and Thomas back in the maze to go see what was happening with the dead griever. She offered to come despite her fear but he told her she couldn't, probably worried that she would get hurt. The boy cared for her, in fact all of them did even the ones she didn't talk to all the time yet none will admit it to her face.

Sometimes when Rory is telling chuck a story while he lays in his hammock the boys all talk about her, not in a bad way but all agreeing that she needs to be protected because despite what she thought the glade would be lost without her. It would have a whole different atmosphere. She and Newt where the peace keepers of the glade, the glue to keep them all together and not fighting.

She doubted a lot of the time that any of the boys actually liked her in the glade, she thought they only talked to her because she's the only girl there but when Teresa came up and they where all still just as friendly to Rory she knew that wasn't the case. It was scary though being in a maze of fifty guys, you would've expected something to happen to Rory but it never came. Maybe early on when everyone was fascinated by the sights of boobs and a bun.

Rory knew how to deal with them though, she told them how she felt and was respected for it. She loved all of the boys in the glade and they all loved her back. Maybe some more than others and some in different ways but they all loved her.

 Maybe some more than others and some in different ways but they all loved her

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚authors note**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

- and so Gally knows Rory's secret. I also wanted to add a bit more onto her relationships with the boys, hence the last few paragraphs, just to show how respected she is amongst them all.