⌞19⌝

Darkness. That's all it was when the hatch shut on them. Pitch black. Couldn't see anything despite how close you where to it. At this point Rory was grateful she was already holding onto Newts hand becuase she didn't have a particularly good feeling settling in her stomach. The sound of a new door open and light pouring into the small space made everyone wince since it was bright wherever they where.

Teresa pushed the door open and they where greeted by a long hallway of pipes. Rory tightened her grip on newt out of both anxiety and excitement. More lights started flicking on one by one. Rory let go of Newts hand and walked ahead of everyone, no where near as sceptical as everyone else. She was just happy she was out of the glade. She suddenly came up to an exit door and smiled as she leant against the door.

"sortie" Rory spoke in what she assumed was a French accent. Everyone looked at her weird "its French for exit, they randomly sent up a French dictionary when the box came so i stole it and learned things. Am i opening it or are you all to scared"

"open it" Thomas stated. She smiled and twisted the handle down before pushing it open. Flashing yellow lights and fog filled the first small walk way. Rory, who we can all agree would be the first to die in a movie, just walked right through. Ignoring the several dead bodies on the floor. She was well ahead of the rest of the group, she was in the main room while they crept through the corridor.

"I'm so happy i could kiss someone" Rory shouted as she span around in a desk chair. Everyone else stayed silent as they looked around however whenever Rory moved she sort of squealed in excitement. Three years of staring at the same four walls is tiring.

"so they where watching us, this whole time" Newt stated catching Rory's attention. She was high of excitement as she strutted across the room to see newt looking up at a screen that showed security footage of the glade.

"fucking hell" The girl breathed out making Newt jump since he didn't realise she was there. Rory giggled and pulled the boy into a hug which he quickly reciprocated. The two swayed side to side. No one showed it but she knew everyone was just as happy as she was to be out the maze.

"hello" A voice Rory recognised quite vividly spoke making her jump and mutter a hi "my name is doctor ava Paige" Everyone walked to the source of the sound, a large screen displaying the face that told Rory about her powers "I'm director of the worlds catastrophe kill zone department. If your watching this that means you've successfully completed the maze trials. I wish i could be there in person to congratulate you..."

"...But circumstances seem to have prevented it. I'm sure by now you all must be very confused. Angry, Frightened" Ava Paige continued "I can only assure you that everything that happened to you, everything we've done to you. It was all done for a reason. You wont remember but the sun has scorched our world" images and videos of the sun and the earth flashed on screen. Rory grabbed Newts hand, slowly loosing hope about living a normal life.

"Billions of lives lost to fire, famine, suffering on a global scale. The folab was unimaginable, what came after was worse. We call it the flare" more videos popped up on screen as the lady talked "a deadly virus that attacks the brain. It is violent, unpredictable, incurable" Rory's mind flashed back to the memory of her putting a guy with what she assumed was the flare into the death like sleep.

"...or so we thought. In time a new generation emerged that could survive the virus suddenly, there was a reason to hope for the cure. But finding it would not be easy. The young would have to be tested, even sacrificed, inside harsh environments where there brain activity could be studied all in an effort to understand what makes them different. What makes you different. You may not realise it but your very important" The lady kept speaking

"unfortunately your trials have only just begun" She spoke as people started falling in the background "as you'll no doubt soon discover, not everyone agrees with our methods. Progress is slow, people are scared, it may be to late for us. For me. But not for you, the outside world awaits. Remember" She paused, holding a gun to her head "WCKD is good" as she shot the gun everyone looked away, Rory gripping onto Newts hand.

"sick bastards, who puts kids in a box surrounded by death eating computers just so they can find a cure. Surely they can just get people willing to help them with it and find it in no time" Rory rambled as she rested her forehead on newts shoulder. Thomas started heading towards the area in the video, everyone following behind. All of a sudden an alarm went of and a door slid open which everyone turned to with blank faces.

"is it over?" chuck asked as he stood beside Rory, her arm lazily placed over his shoulder.

"she said we where important" Newt stated matter-of-factly "i mean what are we supposed to do now"

"i don't know" Thomas mumbled under his breath

"i do! we fucking leave and get whatever other things we have to do over with so we can live at least a half normal life" Rory shrugged, everyone looking at her like she was mad "what i just want to see something other than walls"

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚authors note**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

- I know i said kiss scene but i got distracted, soon i promise. Its currently six in the morning and i haven't slept. I've been watching ahs so that's fun.

- Also cliff hanger hehe!!