⌞12⌝

Thomas and Rory sat awkwardly side by side, neither knowing what's about to happen. She knew Gally wouldn't be to unreasonable to her but was unsure about Thomas. The two kept making side eyes at each other as if to say that everything will be okay. She sighed as Gally crossed his arms knowing the two o them where about to either get yelled at or get in trouble.

"things are changing" Gally stated dramatically "there's no denying that. first Ben gets stung in broad daylight, then Alby. Now our Greenie here has taken it upon himself to go into the maze. Now i understand Rory's reasoning, Alby has been there for her since the beginning and she wanted to help. But its still a clear violation of our rules here"

"yeah well they did save Alby's life" Fry added, looking over at Rory who had tears forming in her eyes. No one knew what was going to happen to Alby and that scared the girl.

"Did they?" Gally clapped back, Rory and Chuck made eye contact. She gave him a small smile and he wrapped his arms around his body as if he was hugging her "For three years we've coexisted with these things and now you" He pointed at Thomas "killed one of them. Who knows what that could mean for us"

"What would you suggest we do" Newt asked Gally who had his hands on his hips.

"They need to be punished" Gally stated, Rory knew that meant one of two things. One being better. She discretely grabbed Thomas' hand as everyone retaliated by yelling there opinions.

"Minho" Newt asked softly "you where with them what do you think"

"I think" Minho said after a pause "in all the time we've been here, no ones ever killed a griever before. When i turned a tail and ran, dragging Rory with me, this dumb shank stayed behind and helped Alby. Then Rory ran from me, went to help Thomas because she cares more about others than herself. I don't know if they're brave or stupid but whatever it is we need more of it. I say we make them runners"

Everyone obviously hated that idea, shouting concerns but Newt had a slight smirk on his face. He knew that Thomas wanted to be a runner from the beginning. Then a look of realisation spread on his face as he looked over at Rory who was picking at her nails. Chuck was cheering their names but no one else seemed to agree with the young boy.

"Rory's not running" Newt stated, Rory looked up at him and smiled. She didn't want to be a runner, hell, she never wanted to go into that maze again.

"okay if you want to throw the newbie a parade that's fine. Go ahead. But if there is one thing that i know about the maze it is that you do not-" Gally shouted but was ultimately cut of by the turning of gears and the deep buzzing sound of the box alarm. Rory was first up, a look of concern on her face. They weren't expecting anything for another month, Thomas had only been there for three days.

She grabbed chucks hand and the pair ran to the box. Everyone standing on the outskirts while newt and Gally opened the box. Newt hopped in while everyone else looked from up top. Rory and Chuck gave each other a look before pushing up front. 

"its a girl" Newt stated as if he was shocked. Everyone peered down making Rory chuckle "i think she's dead"

"wow its almost as if you've never seen a girl before" Rory looked around at everyone who was peering down the box. 

"what's in her hand" Gally asked. Newt grabbed it and slowly opened the note. Rory tried not to laugh at the dramatics. Each boy looked shocked that there was another girl amongst them whereas Rory felt a little sceptical about it. I mean sure another girl is nice but surely they would wait another month to send up another Glader.

"she's the last one. Ever" Newt read the note. He looked up making direct eye contact with Rory "what the hell does that mean" Suddenly the girl shot up with a gasp making everyone but Rory (who was stood there studying the girl) stumble back.

"Thomas" She mumbled before falling back unconscious. That one word confirming any of Rory's concerns. She didn't trust the girl. Not only did she remember someone else's name as soon as she woke up but she also came to the glade twenty seven days early and is the last Glader we will ever have meaning no more resources coming up in the box. Everyone looked over at the brunette boy who was just as confused as everyone else.

"Still think I'm over reacting" Gally asked as he glared at Thomas.

"yes but i trust Thomas. I don't trust whatever's going on here" Rory signalled to the girl in the box. 

۞

They got everything out of the box and Jeff took the girl to the med-jack cabin for Rory to look over her. Despite not trusting the girl, Rory was still the most trained Med-jack. Her, Jeff and Clint all stood around the bed after a quick check to se if she was fine. She was. Rory just wanted to leave since all she could hear was Alby struggling. Rory saw the three boys enter so she stopped glaring at the girl and directed her focus on the boys.

"Jeff, Ro. What's going on, what's the matter with her. Why wont she wake up" Newt asked as he stood beside the raven haired girl.

"Hey man i got my job the same way you did" Jeff answered.

"whatever we where given when we first came up was also given to her. Maybe they experimented with a stronger dosage" Rory shrugged and leaned against Newt with her arms crossed.

"Well do you recognise her" Newt turned his head to Thomas while Rory kept her confused gaze on the girl in front of them Thomas shook his head and mumbled a no while still looking at the girl "Really because she seems to recognise you"

"What about the note" Thomas asked

"We'll worry about the not later" Newt replied

"I think we should worry about it now" Thomas added quietly

"We've got enough to deal with at the moment" Newt replied again.

"No tommy is right" Rory stood up straighter, turning to Jeff who nodded along "if the box isn't coming back up how long do you recon we could last"

"No ones said that" Newt shrugged a little "lets not jump to any conclusions, we just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows"

"my little bit of hope we had for getting out is slowly shrinking" Rory stated and span around. Not wanting to be near a girl she knew she cant trust and her brother like figure struggling to stay alive. Plus she was also getting annoyed and knew if she stayed then she'd probably create an argument. Rory went to the one person she knew would listen to her theories.

 Rory went to the one person she knew would listen to her theories

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚authors note**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

- So Rory's smart! She knows somethings up with Teresa!!

- I love kaya (the actor who played Teresa) but i hated the character right up until the end. The only time i somewhat liked the girl was when she died and we saw Thomas' reaction. Really broke my heart it did.