⌞18⌝

The group of five formulated a plan that was going to take place when the pair get 'banished'. Gally came to let Rory out at around lunch after confirmation that she was feeling alright. At lunch everyone asked how she did what she did and since there was no point hiding it, she told. She explained everything and all the boys seemed in awe at what she could do, some even asking for her to show the fire one again.

She only showed them the fire one since it didn't seem to have any negative side affects apart from make her light headed for five minutes after. She wasn't going to admit it but Rory was loving all the attention, she got it before obviously, but this was new. She felt important and special.

Obviously in the midst of the crowd stood Newt and Minho, since she was showing of she missed the jealous look that was sketched upon the blondes face. Minho obviously made fun of him telling him that he was being stupid and she wasn't interested in any of those boys, he also told newt to shoot his shot to which newt simply replied that he didn't feel that way about his best friend, Minho new he was lying and inside was fangirling about the two getting together.

As sundown arrived everyone involved in the plan met at the pit to confirm what they where doing. Everyone did what they had to do, Newt and Rory just waiting patiently for their cue as Teresa and Thomas who was currently pretending to be passed out where brought over.

"Gally, this doesn't feel right man" Winston stated.

"what if Thomas was right, maybe he could lead us home" Jeff, someone who grew close to Rory since they worked the same job, added.

"We are home, okay, i don't want to cross any more names off that wall" Gally raised his eyebrows at the boy

"banishing them isn't going to do anything Gally" Rory spoke softly, placing a hand on his shoulder

"This isn't a banishing, this is an offering" He said, suddenly the boy holding Teresa tied her to a wooden pole despite her begs. He started shouting "do you really think ill let Thomas back into the maze after what he's done. Look around you! Look at our glade" Newt looked back at Minho who gave the boy a nod. Gally was still rambling as Rory caught eye of chuck slowly bringing things over.

"Are you listening to this, why are you all just standing there he's crazy" Teresa shouted out "if you stay here the grievers are going to come back and they're gonna keep coming back till your all dead"

"Shut up" Gally yelled making Rory flinch a little, she hated seeing someone so close to her get angry "tie him up" He signalled to Thomas "tie him up!" The two boys proceeded to get Thomas up but he elbowed the pair, newt pulled out his weapon and smacked one over the head while Thomas took care of the other. Rory helped Teresa free and everyone in on the plan stood in front of the gates together.

"full of surprises aren't you" Gally spoke with a shrug

"you don't have to come with us but we are leaving anyone else who wants to come now is your last chance" Thomas yelled

"Winston, Jeff" Rory raised her eyebrow as Thomas started ranting about how he would rather risk his life then staying here forever. Rory agreed hence why she was there right now and not standing beside one of the boys she treasured most "Gally please, come with us" Winston, Jeff and a few others joined The group by the gates while Gally gave them all looks

"Gally its over, just come with us. For Rory" Thomas stated, Rory looked up at the taller boy with tears welling in her eyes. She knew his decision and he was way to stubborn to retract it so she knew he was staying.

"good luck against the grievers" Gally muttered, keeping eye contact with the girl. She nodded sadly and sighed. The group turned and started jogging off, Rory stayed back for a moment "stay safe ro, ill see you soon" She wiped her eyes and turned, following the rest of the group deeper into the maze. When she was beside Newt he grabbed her hand gently as they ran, she bit her lip, thankful for the comfort but worry and guilt built inside of her.

Everyone had a weapon of sorts except Rory since she was trusting herself and her powers to help. They ran for what seemed like hours when in reality it was probably on half an hour, they finally got to a wall. They where so close to escape as they all stood with there backs against the wall.

"is there a griever" Chuck asked in which Thomas nodded in response

"take this chuck" Minho stated and handed the thing that would help the group escape to the younger boy

"stay here okay, wait for my signal" Rory spoke as she put her hair into a high ponytail. Newt grabbed her arm and smiled

"be safe" Newt exclaimed, Rory nodded and kissed his cheek before backing away and clenching her fists before slowly releasing them, the flame in both her hands. Everyone yet again watching in awe. She rubbed her hands together as the flame grew and smirked before  walking in line with the grievers view. The sound of the mechanical legs was heard and so where quiet footsteps.

Rory held up her hands as the flames shot from her palms. When she was sure the creature was dead she clenched her fists again to put out the flame and whistled. Everyone's eyes lit up when they saw Rory, she was leaning against the now dead griever with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face

"help me push it off so we have a clear path" She laughed and each person who had a pole started prodding at the creature however as soon as it fell another one climbed from the bottom and started attacking. Rory grabbed the machete of newt as he was holding a pole as well and helped fight it off, she was temped to use her powers but that would risk the others lives even more.

As the Gladers where busy fighting the griever managed to grab one of them and threw them off the edge. Chuck almost fell but luckily Teresa caught him before he could yet that also meant another two grievers came up just as they where about to push of the other. Its safe to say the Gladers fought for their lives, some even loosing lives as they helped save the others.

"Rory go with them, please" Newt shouted at the girl, she was hesitant but  she ran after Teresa and Chuck as they opened up the doorway.

"guys there's a code! eight numbers" Rory yelled from where the trio where standing.

"7152" Minho shouted, Rory repeated it back to Teresa who was typing in the numbers "6483! you got it?"

And then it opened, Rory couldn't believer her eyes as lights turned green. The concrete gates shut as they either trapped or killed the grievers. Rory gazed at the group, they where down three people making her sigh to herself. Newt grabbed her hand as they all entered the mystery building

 Newt grabbed her hand as they all entered the mystery building

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚authors note**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

- No ones commented on it yet but i still haven't made them admit their feelings for each other yet. I'm proud of myself considering i wanted them together straight away. 

- anyway kiss scene next chapter?