⌞7⌝

Rory stood watching Gally and the other Glader fight, sipping on her (own) drink that she had grabbed from the table that Frypan had set up. She also grabbed a kebab but had already ate that. She looked around for chuck but when he wasn't in eyesight she knew that he had probably already passed out in his hammock. This tradition always put a smile on her face, despite the circumstances she's been living in for the past three years.

"Rory! you up for a fight" Gally raised his eyebrow at the girl. She huffed and handed her drink of to Zart who was stood beside her. Rory quickly put her hair into a low ponytail and tied a knot into her baggy shirt so it wouldn't get in the way. She was in a loose white t-shirt and a pair of black joggers that where baggy around her legs but fit her waist and ankles perfectly. The girl cracked her knuckles before standing in front of Gally

"Same rules as last time or are we changing them since i absolutely destroyed you" Rory mocked as she tilted her head to the side.

"same rules Rory, they don't change for no one" Gally stated and stood in his fighting stance where as Rory just stayed how she was with crossed arms. Everyone counted down and as soon as they hit zero Gally ran for Rory. Predictable. She moved out of the way and grabbed his arm, pulling it around his back and up before kicking the back of his knee's so he dropped to the floor. Rory laughed and straddled his back, holding both his muscle arms behind him.

"five seconds Gally" Rory chuckled as Gally struggled underneath her. Rory is light but the second you cant use you arms to do something, your at a disadvantage. She knew what she was doing and it was working.

"four" She stated again as Gally groaned underneath her

"three" 

"two"

"one" Rory finally got up and held out a hand for Gally. The two laughed and did a quick handshake, Gally whispering that she did good in her ear before standing back in the middle as she grabbed her drink of Zart and walked over to newt. 

"that girl knows what she's doing. She's fought over half of us and came out on top for most. Didn't loose against me though but i think she just let me win" She heard newt speak as she walked over. She laughed softly and ducked under newts arm so it was over her shoulder.

"or maybe i just loved the view of you on top of me" Rory smirked when newt stood up more straight and cleared his throat making her giggle as he scratched the back of his neck "what"

"um well uh-" Newt started but was cut of by Gally making Rory laugh more 

"what do you say greenie, wanna see what your made of" He asked, standing with both hands on his hips

"greenie" Jeff started chanting, everyone else joining in. Newt was silently thanking Gally for interrupting. Rory pushed him forward a little, chuck had woken up from all the chanting and stood beside Rory.

"Think brains over strength okay" She whispered to him before standing next to chuck and newt who still looked a little pink making Rory giggle under her breath again. She grabbed chucks hand and smiled at the boy before turning back to the two boys in the centre

"Rules are simple greenie, i try to push you out of the circle, you try to last longer than five seconds" And on that note the fight had started. Rory watched intensely as newt pushed the greenie backwards making him fall into a few Gladers. By this point newt had recovered and wrapped his arm over Rory's shoulder, her relaxing into his side while holding chucks hand still. The two boys in the middle had a disagreement about being called greenie and shank.

The greenie was trying his best but was half the size of Gally so unless he pulled the exact same thing Rory did, he stood no chance. Just as Gally was going to push the greenie out, he twisted and ended up making Gally face plant. Rory let out a whistle and a cheer as if she was cheering for her child at a school game. Gally wasn't happy and kicked the greenies legs from under him, making him slam his head relatively hard on the sand.

Rory was going to chuck on him but was unaware if the two where going to continue their fight so she stayed back. After a few moments of silence he started mumbling something no one could make out, she let go of chucks hand and walked over to make sure he didn't get concussed or anything since Clint and Jeff clearly weren't. Before she could get over he jumped over and shouted out.

"Hey! Thomas! I remember my name! I'm Thomas!" He yelled. Rory smiled and ran to him, enveloping him in a hug quickly

"hello Thomas" She whispered and backed up before everyone else came over and started to give proper welcoming's and handshakes. They all cheered his name as he drank Gally's drink. Suddenly a griever shrieked making everyone's mood drop by 110%. Rory hated how the maze always ruined happy moments. Newt slipped his hand into hers and gave it a squeeze when he saw Rory's face drop, she was thankful for him.

"lets go take Chuck to bed and then you need rest, its been a long day" Newt whispered, she nodded and drank the remainder of her drink before putting the jar away and Grabbing chucks hand. The three walked in a line, Rory in the middle and the boys each side. When they reached Chucks hammock she kissed his forehead.

"if you cant sleep you know where i am, we can make up more stories" She smiled and he nodded before getting into his hammock. Newt and Rory walked hand in hand into homestead and into Rory's room. Just as newt was about to leave she grabbed his wrist "don't leave please, i don't want to be alone right now"

"okay Ro, let me just change. Get comfy, ill be back soon" He smile and she nodded, changing into the one hoodie she managed to get her hands on and a pair of legging before climbing into her medium sized and slightly uncomfortable bed. It was better than a hammock though. When newt came back he was in a pair of cotton knee length shorts and a vest, he climbed under the covers with her just as he had multiple times before when Rory wasn't in a good mood.

The two said their goodnights and eventually fell into an uninterrupted sleep.

- They're like a little family i swear, my heart bro I'm soft

- Also ahem yes i did put in an inappropriate joke, shoot me for it idc :)