⌞10⌝

The three all attached Alby to the Ivy, pulling him up and out of the way so if grievers passed him then Alby would be fine. A shriek was heard through the maze, Minho grabbed onto Rory and ran. Ignoring all of her shouting about leaving Thomas behind. Eventually Minho gave up and Rory ran back to find Thomas however ended up tripping over a crack in the floor and hitting her head on the floor hard.

That ultimately lead to her blacking out, in the worst possible situation you could think of. It was dark, Rory couldn't move but she could still hear the wind and occasional shrieks from the grievers. She was scared, terrified even but who wouldn't be if you where stuck in the middle of a maze. Rory was mentally preparing her self for the worst, the words 'no one ever survives a night in the maze' ringing through her head.

She felt guilty that she left Minho out on his own, she felt guilty about running from newt and leaving him questioning whether she was going to come back to him or not. She felt guilty for leaving chuck without his older sister figure and she felt guilty for leaving Gally without his emotional support, the one who could calm down his anger. She felt guilty for leaving the only family she could remember wondering if she was alive.

Red, Blue and White lights flashed across her vision when suddenly she was no longer in the maze but sat in a chair with five people creating a semi circle around her. Rory gulped and tried to move but failed, her hands bound to the chair she was sat on and she felt to weak to move.

"We need to do a few more tests on you aurora so make it easy for all of us and just play nice" A blonde lady spoke, clipboard in hand.

"why do you need more! I've been getting tested for a whole week" Rory spoke

"because your special Aurora" The blonde spoke again "Bring him in!" Suddenly two burly men walked through the door holding a man Rory couldn't recognise but he had dark liquid falling from his chin and black veins running through his arms. Rory looked away only to have a guard hold her head facing forward "do it aurora"

"i don't know what you want me to do" Rory cried, she did know. Whenever she was angry at one of the doctors who tested her they ended up falling to the ground into a peaceful sleep that they wouldn't wake up from. She was told they where all still alive but really? she didn't believe it.

"You have two days until your final tests Aurora, do it or you will have to have them pushed back" The lady spoke calmly. Rory gritted her teeth and looked at the man, her hands instinctively curled into a ball and tightened. her nails digging into her palm. The man went limp in the guards hold, a thick liquid dripped from Rory's nose as she relaxed. Exhaustion over taking her.

Rory gasped and sat up, still in the maze and it was still pitch black. Rory got up, her head pounding. She heard the mechanical sounds of the griever walking and gulped. Either way she knew that she wasn't getting away from this so she stood still, preparing herself. Rory didn't have the energy to run so she just waited for the creature to turn the corner.

"do it aurora" the voice from the blonde lady rang through her head. The griever turned the corner and saw aurora. She focussed on the mechanical creature and gritted her teeth out of fear before curling her fists into a ball and tightened them. The griever slowed its movement before falling onto the ground. The same thick liquid dripping from Rory's nose before exhaustion took over her.

She dropped to the floor, wiping her bleeding nose on the back of her hand. She didn't know how long the griever was going to be out for but she hoped it would be long enough to get her energy back. Suddenly the sound of footsteps echoed down the walls, the two boys came into view. Stopping briefly when they saw the griever lying there before running past it. They almost missed Aurora who was curled into the corner of two concrete walls.

"Ro we have to go quick" Minho spoke as he pulled her up onto her feet. She nodded and ran behind them, not as fast but quick enough to keep up with them. She was still exhausted with a painful headache and the feeling that she was going to pass out so running may have not been the best thing. She didn't know how long she was out for when she had that dream, no memory so she had no clue how long they had until the doors opened.

The mechanical footsteps where heard behind Rory making her squeal a little and run faster, going dizzy from the lack of oxygen she was getting. The maze was changing, Minho and Rory ran down one of the walls that where about to close while Thomas waited at the other end.

"Tommy what the fuck do you think your doing, hurry up" Rory yelled as she held onto Minho's arm. The wall started closing and Thomas still hadn't moved. Until the loud metal on concrete sound rang through the maze came, Thomas didn't move. He started running when it got close, the wall slowly closing making Rory anxious. Minho was cheering him on while he ran. Luckily Thomas got out before it closed, the griever getting squished in the middle.

Rory's head was still spinning as they jogged through the maze, she ignored the boys questions about why there was a griever lying in front of her. She didn't quite know herself what happened, it was all a blur in the back of her mind since she was focussing on not passing out. They got back to Alby, each of them trying to get him down. When they did the three hid behind some ivy and waited out till the morning, each pumped with fear and adrenaline.

 When they did the three hid behind some ivy and waited out till the morning, each pumped with fear and adrenaline

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚authors note**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

- I really love this book but I'm starting to get really unmotivated with it since barely anyone's reading. I'm still going to continue for the few who are reading  and any future readers.