☆✿Chapter 5✿☆

✧15 year old Kuroo's POV✧: 

Today has gone great! Well so far. I got to hang out with Kenma from 12-3am per usual. Then I got to go hang out with my best bro Bokuto. Kenma said bokuto sounded annoying when I told him about the owl looking man. What did I expect. I Mean this is kenma I'm thinking about.

Kenma, Kenma he never told me his last name and whenever I asked about it he would tell me he just had family problems and that was always the end of the conversation. Jesus I got off track, that's not even remotely close to what i should be thinking about. I mean I guess it is kind of relevant . Seeing as kenma is the reason I realized im gay in the first place.

I mean seeing as i had never liked a girl, not that i met many. But still even in shows when there was a female character i never found her attractive regardless of age or body proportions or personality. I mean obviously i can tell when someone is pretty or handsome or just attractive in general but that doesn't mean i felt any type of attraction towards them.

But kenma was different. I don't know why but everything about him was perfect, from his quiet voice to the way his eyes showed in the moonlight when we would meet up. The adorable way his eyes would light up when he completed a level of his game that was particularly hard. The way his laugh flowed like honey, oh god his laugh it was so cute. The strangely angelic way he walked. He was also unbelievably stubborn, he would often come to the park with brussels telling me he got caught in the crossfire of his parents bickering but he never elaborated. Once I tried to help him. He actually fucking hissed at me. I quietly chuckled to myself. He was basically the human version of cat. From the way he carried himself, to the way his eyes observed every detail of a person's movement. 

A voice broke me out of my thoughts. "Kuroo, your father can see you now." it was yaku. Yaku was about my age, but definitely a lot shorter than me. Thank the gods I didn't say that out loud he would have killed me. "EARTH TO KUROO" yelled the dirty blond haired boy. "Right sorry" I bowed to him and rushed off down the hall.

Ok pull yourself together kuroo. Yes he's a mafia boss but he's not homophobic so you have nothing to worry about. Nothing to worry about. But this voice in the back of my head was telling me to turn back, to run, to cry, to lie, to hide, go somewhere he knew he would be safe. Somewhere where I wouldn't have to doubt my fathers love, somewhere where I knew my father wouldn't hate me.

Because there was ALWAYS that voice in the back of my head telling me that it wasn't going to be ok. No matter how many times my father reminded me that his love for me was unconditional. No matter how many times my dad told me he would always love me no matter what, no matter who I liked, no matter my hobbies, or what I did, no matter how many times I was told I was loved. I was scared. SO so scared.

"Kuroo you're here. Great! Gosh i feel like i haven't seen you in forever, Funny isn't it?" He said putting his hand over my shoulder dragging me inside his office. As much as I wanted to run I was frozen. His embrace that had kept me warm when I was sad or hurt growing up suddenly felt cold. I was scared. It was uncomfortable, the embrace of the one who raised me, the embrace I had missed because of how busy my father had suddenly felt like a taunt. One that was telling me this was the last time I would feel this arm around me.

Ignoring the taunting voices in the back of my head I turned to my father and told him to sit down on the couch. "Are you not going to sit down to kuroo?" "No, I have something to tell you and I need to get it out before I change my mind" I say sternly. My father smiles up at me "well i'm all ears, so what's up" he looks at me expectantly. I screw my eyes shut then before wasting another breath i shout "IM GAY DAD" silence. I don't dare open my eyes in fear of what will await me if I do. "I'm gay.." I say more quietly, feeling tears start to roll down my face.

It's quiet. I'm scared I hear him get up. I screw my eyes closed tighter. I feel him standing in front of me. I stand there waiting for insults or a slap, just so the silence in the room would leave. "Tetsurō, open your eyes" he says sternly. I hesitantly look up at him. Wait is he smiling??!!

"Come here" he says, opening his arms. I throw myself into his arms letting the tears flow freely. "Let it all out song i'm here and i'm not going anywhere." He whispers quietly. I don't know how long we stayed like that but I was happy beyond words. It was just the weight that I'd been carrying around for years was finally being lifted off my shoulders. "Tetsurō." my he finally says. I lift myself off him trying to gain my composer. "Yes father?" I ask. "I'm glad you told me," he says, slapping my shoulder. I smile at him. "I'm just glad you're not mad.'' I say. "Why the hell would I be mad? if anything I'm glad it's bad enough I have to marry you off someday. I don't think i would have been able to live with myself if you had to marry someone there was no chance of you actually even remotely catching feelings for." I hugged him again "thanks dad." I say hugging him.

Just then his phone began to ring. "I'm sorry kuroo but i have to go, i want you to take it easy for the rest of the day ok?" he says walking out of the room. I smiled to myself. I knew there was no way I was getting out of an arranged marriage, but at least I wasn't marrying a woman. My thoughts drifted back to kenma. I sigh out loud. I knew there was no way that would ever happen but part of me wanted to hope. Well nothing i can do but hope for the best. I smile to myself as I walk down the hall back to my room. 

☆word count: 1139☆