20 || epilogue

ONE YEAR, FIVE MONTHS, AND 28 DAYS LATER (PRESENT DAY)

"Y/N? Hello? Earth to Y/N?" Cady waves her hand over my face and I blink, zoning back in.

"Sorry."

"This is going to be so fun." She says, walking next to me. "You're going to love it, I promise."

"Mmm." Cady frowns at my response.

"What? What's the 'mmm' for?"

"Nothing!"

"Spill it." I sigh.

"It's just... I know you and Jaime are really happy, but I don't know if I'm ready for a date."

"A double date. It'll be fun, I promise. Besides, I'll be right next to you the whole time."

"I just..." I trail off, knowing Cady and Julie are over my love for Peter.

"I know. I do. But... he's not coming back, Y/N. I'm sorry." Cady places a sympathetic hand on my shoulder and I nod.

I know Peter's not coming back. And I can live with that. Maybe one day I can move on, but it's certainly not going to be today.

"So... who is this guy?" If I can't get over Peter, I'll at least act like I can on the outside.

"His name is Andy, and I don't know him very well, but he's friends with Jaime, kind of. It'll be fun." Cady pulls the door to the restaurant open and we walk inside, spotting Jaime and Andy across the room.

Cady waves enthusiastically as we walk over and slide into the booth, facing Jaime and Andy.

"Hey, babe." Jaime kisses Cady from across the table. She blushes, plopping back in her seat.

"Andy, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is Andy." Andy's cute enough. He's not Peter cute, but he's fine. Cropped blonde hair and blue eyes with a clean smile and dimples.

"Hi, Y/N, it's nice to meet you." Andy shakes my hand.

"Nice to meet you too."

•••

"See? Was that so bad?" Cady asks as we walk back to our houses.

"Yes. Yes, it absolutely was." I reply, and Cady cringes, knowing I'm right.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. I thought he was gonna be cool!"

"I know. It's okay."

"It's not. I'm sorry."

"You were just trying to help me! It's not your fault that Andy was..."

"A complete weirdo?"

"Yes," I say, laughing. Cady laughs, too. We stop outside of my house.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow, Y/N."

"Bye, Cady." I unlock the door, walking inside. "Hello?" I call.

"Hey, honey." My Mom sits in the kitchen eating dinner. She usually eats in the kitchen when my dad is working which is why I'm not surprised to find her here. "How was your date?"

"Awful." I reply, swinging my purse down on the counter. She frowns.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." I shrug.

"It's fine. I... wasn't really interested in him anyways." My Mom raises an eyebrow but doesn't ask any questions. I sigh. "Okay, well, I have school tomorrow, so I better get to bed."

"Okay, sweetie. Good night."

"Good night, Mom." I trudge upstairs to my room, throwing my things down on the chair before closing the door and heading to the bathroom.

I wash my face and brush my teeth before sleepily heading back to my room, opening the door absentmindedly.

I stop suddenly in my tracks, staring at what's in front of me.

Fluffy brown hair.

A crooked smile.

"Is it really you?" I whisper. He grins.

"Peter Parker. Nice to meet you."

THE END