10 || work

"Peter, can you explain how you got here in the first place?" Julie asked, tying her frizzy, black hair up with a scrunchie.

"Right. So Mr. Stark and Scott have this thing called the Quantum realm - that will be important later. Then I had to face this guy called Quentin Beck, who said he was from a different dimension, which he wasn't, but that's besides the point. Anyways, Mr. Stark started thinking about how we could get to different dimensions and stuff and so he said that I could help it and try it out. I have this-" He pulled out a device from his pocket.

He slipped it on his hand and it adhered to his palm. He flipped over his hand and popped something open, revealing a little vial filled with a red liquid.

"Are those Pym particles?" Cady asked, her eyes wide.

"Yeah... yeah, they are. Anyways, I only have one left to get back, but my thing just stopped working. After I landed here in y/n's bedroom, I tried to get back, but the thing busted. I don't know how to get back. It should just be preprogrammed, but I think when I fell, it broke. Plus, if we fix it, and it doesn't work, I'll be stuck here. Forever. I have one shot at this, and one shot at it only. I need help." He said, both his voice and eyes pleading. I swallowed.

"Peter, I can't promise you we can fix this, but we can try." I said, placing a hand on his. I didn't even notice that I had, it was just second nature, but Peter was blushing and so was I. I retracted it slowly, watching Julie and Cady share a smiling look. My eyes widen as I try to express that I want them to drop it, but they continue to smile.

I clear my throat. "Can I see your wrist thing, Peter?" Cady asked politely, and Peter nodded, handing it over cautiously. She frowned as she examined it.

"What's wrong with it? I mean, I looked it over, like, a billion times and I couldn't find anything." Peter said, moving towards Cady to get a better look.

"There's a scratch," She said finally. "It's really tiny, but... I think something inside of the quantum realm got wedged in it. It's probably blocking your ability to get home."

"Can you get it out?" Julie asked.

"Maybe? It's so small, so we need tweezers." She replied, her face close to the machine. She pushed her auburn hair behind her ear too keep it out of her face.

"I'll go find some in the bathroom," I said, standing up. Peter stood, too.

"I can come, too." He said, and I looked at Julie and Cady whose faces lit up in smiles.

"No, it's fine." I responded far too quickly.

Play it cool, y/n.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to have to go by yourself." He said, raising an eyebrow.

God, he's cute.

"It's just a trip to the bathroom to get some tweezers, I'm not going anywhere too far away." I said, my voice fluctuating between low and high.

So much for playing it cool!

"You should go with her." Cady said, and Julie nodded in agreement. Peter turned to look at them and I made "OH MY GOD"  faces at them. Julie's smile widened.

"Yeah, you should. Cady's right. We've got it handled from here." Julie said, and I pasted a smile on my face as Peter turned around again.

"Well... verdicts in, y/n. It's three against one, so I guess I'm coming with." He gave an awkward smile and I nod, starting to walk out of the room. I let Peter pass me so I could flip off Julie and Cady without him seeing.

They responded with a thumbs up.

"I think they're in here," I muttered, opening the bathroom door and walking over to a cabinet. I rummaged through it, keeping my head down and not making eye contact.

"Are you... are you okay, y/n?" Peter asked carefully.

Shit. He noticed I'm being weird.

"Yeah. Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I said, doing my best to sound casual, which clearly wasn't working.

"...Okay." He said, dropping the topic. I continued to rummage through the drawer, finally finding the tweezers and holding them up victoriously.

"Found them!" I exclaimed, rushing out of the room as fast as possible.

Peter doesn't know you have a crush on him, y/n! Nothing is awkward unless you make it awkward.

Which, by the way, you're doing.

"Did you get them?" Julie asked as I walked in, and I nodded, handing them to Cady. Peter and I watch Cady work, our heads so close I could hear him breathe out through his nose. I heard a click, and watched Cady smile satisfied.

"That should have worked!" She exclaimed, passing it to Peter, who pocketed it swiftly. "I mean, we still have to fix the programming and make sure that everything works, but I got the little thing out, which means it should hopefully work." She explained. "Don't kill me if it doesn't work, by the way. I'm smart but I'm no Tony Stark." We all laughed except for Peter, who gave an uncomfortable smile.

"Okay, I think we should probably go," Julie stood up, elbowing Cady.

"Yeah, that's probably smart. I have a ton of homework to do anyway." Cady said, catching on. I raised an eyebrow, but decided not to question their decisions anymore.

"Bye Peter! See you this weekend maybe?" Julie asked, grabbing her bag from the corner of my room. Peter smiled, giving a small nod.

"Yeah, that sounds great! See you guys then." He gave a quick wave to Cady who winked at him. I watched his face turn red and laughed.

"Okay, I'll see you guys," I said, watching them leave. I watched them from the top of the stairs go through the front door and leave. I sighed, turning around to go back to Peter.

He sat on the edge of my bed, the dimensional bracelet he used to travel here balancing in the palms of his hands. I frowned, noticing his sunken expression.

"Do you think they're looking for me?" He asked after a moment of silence. I hadn't even noticed that I had been staring at him for more than a minute until he said it.

"What?" I asked softly, not sure what he meant.

"Do you think they're looking for me?" He repeated, and I could hear the hurt in his voice. My heart panged with sympathy for him, unsure what to do. "Mr. Stark, I mean. And everyone else. I... do you think they're looking for me?"

I quietly and gently made my way over to the bed, sitting down next to him, close enough where he could feel my presence but not so close that my heart starts to race.

"I... I think they are, Peter." My voice was gentle, soft.

"Really? Do you think they really care?" His voice broke.

"Peter..." I whispered, racking my brain for the right words.

The right words.

"Peter..." I tried again. "I bet you that Tony is freaking out right now - like super freaking out - and cursing at everybody and I bet that Aunt May is burning her food because she's so nervous about where you are - well, burning it more than she usually does." I said, and Peter laughed quietly. "Someone's going to find you, Peter. They're looking for you and if those people, the most genius people in the world - scratch that - universe, can't find you, so have no faith in anything anymore." He laughed again, still looking down at the floor.

"Thank you, y/n. For everything." He said, and I nodded, the corners of my lips tilting up in a smile.

"Save it for when we get you home."

(A/N: I know this chapter ending was insanely cheesy but I hope you guys enjoyed this part! It's longer than they usually are and I have some exciting stuff coming up for the next couple parts so make sure to look out for new parts! Also, what does everybody think of all the new MCU tv shows and movies they just announced?)