8 || we don't need no education

It had been two days since Peter and I had had our outside adventure and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

About him.

I grabbed my backpack from my room, slipping on my shoes. Peter opened the closet door with a frown.

"Are you sure you have to go to school?" He asked, and I laughed, using my desk to balance myself as I slipped on my converse.

"I think I have to go Peter, I hate to break it to you." I replied, finally ready to leave. "But we can watch Star Wars when I get back!" I said in an effort to cheer him up. His eyes lit up, and I smiled, victorious.

"Deal." He said, and I laughed again, leaving the room. I grinned all the way down the stairs to the kitchen, though the front doors, down the block, past the burger place I took Peter to, around the corner, and all the way to school.

Julie and Cady smiled when they saw me, waiting for me in front of the school doors. They took notice of my happy expression immediately, and looked me up and down.

"Well, someone's in a good mood." Cady said, and I laughed.

"I guess I am." I replied, unable to contain my grin. Julie and Cady looked at each other.

"Oh, is this a boy grin?" Julie asked as we headed inside.

"Not any boy, Jules. Peter." Cady said, laughing. "It sounds crazy to even say out loud. Peter. Peter, Peter, Peter-"

"Alright, Cady, stop!" I exclaimed, smacking her in the arm. She frowned. "Maybe you're right..." Julie squealed excitedly.

"Oh my God, tell us everything!" She exclaimed as we stopped at her locker.

"Okay, fine, twist my arm," I teased. "So the other day my parents weren't home, and I was trying to be nice, so I asked Peter if he wanted to go outside and take a walk or something and he said yes, so I got a jacket and a hat and sunglasses for him so people wouldn't recognize him and then we got burgers, and we were just hanging out and then we started to go home and we ran into Corina and Cole." I said, and Julie and Cady made faces the reflected mine when I first saw Corina.

"And what happened?"

"Well... she kind of flirted with him by insulting me? I dunno, it was weird. Anyways, Peter had this voice thing that Tony made him and it made him sound so different and he defended me and then he grabbed my hand and we walked home and he never let go until we got there." I ended the sentence in a grin, remembering the look on Corina's face as we left. Cady and Julie's jaws dropped.

"Are you serious?"

"You held hands?" I laughed as they continued to ask me questions.

"Yeah, but-"

"Y/n!" The cheery and completely fake tone of voice came from behind me, and I groaned internally, turning around. Corina smiled, books in her hand.

"Hey, Corina..."

"I just wanted to say it was so nice running into you yesterday! Your boyfriend is a real catch." Her words were laced with venom. "How did you two meet?"

"Oh, um..." I started, not sure what to say.

"If she told you, you wouldn't believe her." Cady said coldly. Corina gave Cady a quick yet deadly stare.

"Okay... I'm gonna go. But it was nice seeing you, y/n. Tell Peter I say hi, okay?" She asked, leaving. I rolled my eyes.

"Ugh." Cady groaned.

"What was that?" Julie asked, disgusted. "And why does she know Peter's name?"

"She just knows his first name, Peter's not stupid." I responded, still frowning. "God, she really is the worst, isn't she?"

"Sorry you have to deal with her." Cady apologized as we walked to class.

"It's fine. Plus, she thinks Peter and I are dating, and Peter is definitely hotter than Cole, so you know..." I stopped, noticing that Cady and Julie had done the same and were sharing a grin. "What?"

"You think Peter's hot?" Cady asked, smiling.

"What? No, no, I definitely - what makes you think that?" I rambled, my face turning a fierce shade of red.

"You just said it! You think he's hot!" Julie exclaimed. My eyes widened, and I turned around, shooting down the hallway towards my class.

"Y/n, wait!" Cady yelled as they chased my down the hallway.

"I don't like Peter! He's not hot, he's just mildly good looking!" I shouted, drawing odd stares from other students. My face still burned and I could feel my heart beating much faster than normal.

"You totally like him!" Julie said, singing the words as we went.

"I don't! I really don't. I don't like him."

What if I do like him?

Oh God.

"No. No, no. I don't like him." I said again, but the more I said it, the more it became less convincing. Julie raised an eyebrow.

"You definitely like him." She said.

Oh God.

"Absolutely." Cady agreed.

Oh God.

I like Peter Parker.