3 || far from home

"Why do you need my help?" I asked, pacing back and forth in my bedroom.

"Because I can't just go around telling people who I am, especially if I don't exist here!" Peter exclaimed as I bit my nails with anger, starting to get dizzy from walking back and forth so many times.

"But why me? I mean, you don't even know my name!"

"What is your name by the way?" He asked, and I stopped pacing.

"Y/n," I responded breathlessly. A soft smile played on his lips, which made me blush.

"Y/n," He repeated. "That's a really pretty name."

He's not real.

I swallowed, blocking the inner thought from my head. Why couldn't this be real? I sighed. "Thanks." I cleared my throat after a moment of silence. "Anyways, I don't even think I could get you back to your dimension." Peter frowned.

"What? Why not?"

"Because! I'm not Tony Stark and even if I was, I don't have the tools to get you there! My world is much different than yours, even if they look alike." I said, and he sighed, realizing I was right.

"Well, how am I supposed to get home?" He asked, and I sighed, throwing my hands up in the air.

"I don't know, Peter!" I sat down on the bed. Maybe if I just went back to bed, all of this would go away. I would wake up and Peter would be gone. "Look, I'm gonna go to bed."

"What? What am I supposed to do?" He exclaimed, getting up as I threw back the covers.

"I dunno! Just don't let anybody see you!" Peter frowned.

"I thought you liked my story or whatever! My... comic book life, or something." He exclaimed, and I sighed.

"Of course I do! It's not that, Peter, it's just- look, I never thought that I would be in the story." I scoffed. "My friends, Julie and Cadence, they would kill to help you right now." Peter's eyes perked up.

"Where do they live?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"What?"

"They could help me!" I laughed.

"They can't help you. If I can't, they can't." Peter grabbed my hands, making my eyes widen.

"Y/n, you have to help me." He looked me in the eyes and I felt my face turn red. Peter's eyes were much more complex than I ever would have imagined. They were a rich, chocolate color and were lighter in the middle. He felt so real.

Maybe because he is.

"Okay," I said, my voice a hushed whisper.

"Okay?"

"Okay." Peter's face broke out into a smile, much more magnetic than it was on screen.

"Yes! Thank you so much, y/n, you're not going to regret this." He pulled me in for a hug and my eyes widened, pulling my hands around his back.

"Yeah, no problem..." I said as he let go. We stood awkwardly for a moment before I sat down on the bed again. "But there's some things we need to go over. Some rules."

"Rules?"

"Yes, Peter. Rules. Rule number one, you can't leave my bedroom. Rule number two, there will be no Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman business here, okay? You can't go swinging around Queens because people are going to get really suspicious." He frowned. "Rule number three, you can't make noise when my parents are home because they can't find out you're here. Lucky for you, they aren't home all the time." I sighed, looking at the clock. It was only six, which meant my parents wouldn't be home for a while.

"Is that it?"

"For now."

"For now?!" He exclaimed, and I rolled my eyes.

"You're not my Spiderman, okay?" I pointed at the poster on my wall. "You may look like him, but I'm not sure what you'd be willing to do that he wouldn't. So just for a little bit, I can add more rules." He sighed, lowering his head, nodding.

"Fine." He said finally, and I smiled happily.

"Cool. Do you want to get pizza?"