6 || ...you've gotta get with my friends

6:30 PM, Saturday Night

"I hope you guys don't mind that we changed the location for today," I said, shaking a bag of popcorn out into a bowl. Julie and Cady sat at the kitchen island, snacking on a bag of chips.
"It's totally fine," Cady said, her mouth full. "My brother would have been all up in our business anyways." We all laughed and I looked down at our snacks.

"Okay we have popcorn, chips, lemonade, candy... are we missing anything?" I asked, racking my brain, but Julie and Cady shook their heads. I smiled. "Okay, let's get this party started!" We stood up, each taking a bowl of something to bring upstairs and I could feel my heart pound.

Peter better not screw this up.

"Um, before we go watch the movie, I have something to show you guys." I said, and Julie and Cady shared a look.

"What?" Julie asked curiously, and I gulped, pushing the door open.

"Hey! I'm Peter." I watched Julie and Cady's mouth drop wide open, too shocked to speak. Peter looked at me, obviously concerned. "Are they...?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Oh, yeah, they're fine." I responded casually, and looked at them. "Uh, you guys are fine, right?" Julie and Cady gave no answer, still staring at Peter. "Okay, um, why don't you guys sit down?" I asked them, gently grabbing Julie's arm and dragging her towards my bed. Cady plopped down next to her, and the two of them kept their shocked expression on their faces.

"I don't think they're okay," Peter whispered.

"Give them a sec," I responded, looking at them.

"That's Peter Parker." Julie squeaked. "He's... he's..."

"Real?" I finished, and Julie nodded vigorously. "Yeah, I know."

"...How?" Cady whispered. I looked at Peter.

"Pete, you want to take this one?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Um, sure, y/n, uh... it's nice to meet you guys, by the way, you're both really pretty..." Peter rambled nervously, and Cady's mouth dropped open once again. "Right, anyways, Mr. Stark and Scott - I think you guys know who they are - they made this dimension traveling thing using the quantum realm and I wasn't supposed to end up here, but I did somehow, and now I'm stuck here, and y/n was trying to help me get back, but we're just a little bit stuck and she suggested that you guys could help us and I was like, 'Oh, that's cool,' and now here you guys are and now I'm talking about you guys being here and I think we're all caught up now." Cady and Julie's eyes were still wide open.

"I don't understand..." Cady whispered, and I shrugged.

"I'll give you a moment to think about it." I said, watching their faces.

"Y/n, can I talk to you for a sec?" Peter asked, and I nodded. He looked at my friends before taking my arm and dragging me to the other side of the room. "They don't seem like they're taking this too well." He whispered, glancing at them.

"Yeah, well, what did you expect? They'll be fine in a minute, just let them freak out."

"Does this usually happen?" Peter asked, and I cocked an eyebrow.

"Do my friends usually freak out when one of their favorite superheroes shows up in their best friends' bedroom with no explanation as to why since they don't actually exist in this universe?" I asked, and Peter nodded. "Nah, they're usually pretty fine with it." He laughed, and so did I.

We made our way back over to the girls, who looked like they had somewhat understood what was happening.

"You're Peter Parker." Julie whispered.

"Oh my Bucky, he's so much hotter than on a tv screen." Cady muttered to Julie, who nodded vigorously.

"Okay, Peter, this is Julie, and that's Cady." The girls waved, and Peter waved back.

"How long has he been living in your house?" Julie asked.

"Uh... a week?" I looked at Peter for confirmation, and he nodded.

"A week?!" Cady exclaimed. "And you didn't tell us?"

"How could I? I was trying to keep it a secret." I replied as Cady furrowed her brow.

"What's Steve like? What was Stark towers like? Is Queens like this in your world? Does Natasha smell good because I feel like she's smell really good. What is Bucky's arm like? How was space?" Julie rambled, and I looked at Peter who looked incredibly bombarded.

"One question at a time, Jules," I laughed, moving towards the door. "Okay, I'm gonna go get us snacks, I'll be right back." I stood in the doorway for a moment; watching my friends chat away, laughing. I smiled softly.

If only he didn't have to go back.