Chapter One: Village Girl

De'juana's POV

I woke up to the sweet sounds of birds singing. I tossed the covers off my body and walked into the bathroom. I turned the water on and adjusted it to my favorite temperature. I removed my clothes and stepped in sighing as the warm water met my form. I grabbed my lavender and vanilla scented soap and began washing. One I finished my shower and washed my hair, I grabbed a towel and dried off. I grabbed some moisturizer and applied it to my body. I grabbed my robe and walked back to my room. I looked into my closet and pickout my outfit. I put on a dark purple shirt, a short ripped skirt, and black ripped leggings. I slipped on my black boot and skipped downstairs. I grabbed an apple and started munching. I heard the announcer say that the royal family was in the village. I heard king Endeavor announce that all of the girls must present themselves now. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. I threw the core away, grabbed my daggers and walked outside. I see the king and prince inspecting the girls that were lined up. I began walking from the other girls until I voice called out.

"You!"

I turned around to see the knight, the girls, the king, and prince staring at me.

"Get in line so the king may inspect you." The knight said.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "No." I said.

"What did you just say?" That knight asked, taking a step forward.

"I said no." I said, as I took a step forward as well.

"You will listen to the king's demands, girl." The knight sneered.

"I really don't care, there are obviously other girls that are interested in being betrothed to the prince. I am not!" I said.

The king approached me and looked at me for a second.

"What is your name girl?" He asked.

"My name is De'juana Allazora." I said.

"Hm you shall be betrothed to my son." He declared.

"WHAT?!" The girls and I shouted.

"Uh no! Ok listen I mean no disrespect to you or your son but I'm not into marriage or dating plus I barely even know the prince besides the fact he's...well...the prince. I'm sorry but I can't, I'm sure there are plenty of other girls that would like to marry prince shoto, but I'm not. Good day king Endeavor." I said walking away.

I sighed as I heard the girls say how much of a fool I was for turning the prince down but I'm not one to be cooped up. Plus I love to run around and plus I hate being told what to do, where to go, how to act, how a girl is to stay silent and obey. Ha! No. I sighted as I walked into the forest stopping right at the forbidden bridge.

Why is it called the forbidden bridge? It's because on the other side of the bridge is Dragonia, homeland of the dragons. I sighed and sat down on the grass pulling my legs to my chest. I looked around to see if anyone was around before turning into my default form.

You see I'm a demonic. I'm not actually a demon demon but I do have demonic abilities as well as forms. I have a human form, a default form, a secondary default form and my full demonic form. I reverted back into my human form as I felt someone watching me. I jumped to my feet and pulled out my dagger. The feeling went away. I waited a few more minutes before putting my dagger back in its place.

The sun started to set so I made my way back home. I still felt as I was being watched but I shrugged it off. I took another shower and changed into my pajamas. I crawled into my bed as I drifted off to a peaceful slumber.