Be My Date

This story belongs to : gruvia4ever0910

Natsu and Lucy are getting married in two months, and they are very excited for that day to come. However, they don’t want their friend to be alone in their special day. Yes, all their friends will be there, but it is different for Gray. So, they’ve been suggesting some girls for him that he can bring as his date for their wedding day.

The wedding they wanted was just a simple ceremony, where only their family and friends are the only ones who will join them. Lucy invited some of her close friends at work and Natsu did the same.

Gray rolled his eyes, “Can both of you stop it already? I told you. I’m fine going there by myself, and I don’t have a plan to see that girl from yesterday again.”. Gray grabbed his glass then gulped the beer in one go.

Natsu and Lucy looked at each other for a few seconds then back to Gray. “Why? What happened?’, Natsu curiously asked.

“Nothing. We just don’t get along so well.”, Gray coldly responded.

“Again?”, Lucy said annoyingly with her arms crossed. “You are always giving us the same reason over and over again with the girls that we introduced to you, or to the other girls you just met.”. She sighed, “Don’t tell me you haven’t moved on with —.”

Natsu suddenly held Lucy’s hand and she looked at him. Natsu stopped Lucy from continuing her words because he noticed that Gray was now getting irritated. Lucy looked back at Gray and she realized why her fiancé did that.

Last year, Gray broke up with his ex-girlfriend after being in a relationship for two years because she just decided to end their relationship without talking to him. Then, two months after he saw her being intimate with someone else. He was so furious, and about to confront them, but Natsu stopped him for making a scene in public.

Gray knew that it was his faults that their relationship ended, but she should’ve talk to him and fix everything, or maybe end it in a good way.

He moved on alright, but he just don’t want to bring up that topic anymore or talk about it.

Lucy rested her arms on the table. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that.”

Gray gave Lucy a half-smile then nodded. “It’s fine. Let’s drop it already. And —”, raised his hand. “For the last time, I’ll be fine.”

“We know that, but of course, we want you to enjoy life. You are always working, always busy. We had to drag you here for you to hang out with us. And maybe… just maybe it is time for you to be in a relationship again. You know?”, Lucy worriedly told it to her friend in front of her.

Gray lowered his head as a sign of surrendering. He knew that Lucy will not stop bugging him unless he will bring a date on their wedding. They’ve been having this conversation since the couple announced their plan of getting married to all of their friends five months ago.

Natsu laughed while looking at his defeated friend that was being pestered by his fiancé.

“Let him breath, Luce. He’ll find someone.”, Natsu said while softly patting Lucy’s shoulder.

Lucy gave up for now. She leaned her back on her chair backrest then once again crossed her arms, “Okay, I’ll let it slide this time.”