Letting you know

This chapter credits has been given to adramaticbeauty on tumblr

Juvia stood in front of the bathroom mirror, desperately trying to stop the tears so they wouldn't smudge her mascara. Juvia usually didn't wear mascara or any other makeup on a normal date, but Gray told her to dress especially nice this evening.

She had no idea why he said this but all she needed was an excuse to get decked out, since Gray preferred her with no makeup on usually. She had even wore her best red dress.

As Juvia tried to muffle her sobs so no one could hear them, Gray himself was panicking. As he sat at their table completely frozen his mind was going crazy trying to see what he was going to do. What had he said wrong? He was in the middle of saying something to Juvia so he could  propose to her and then she up and ran away crying. Everyone's narrowed eyes in the restaurant turned to Gray, and he sweated nervously. Gray finally got ahold of himself. He walked over and knocked on the locked women's restroom Juvia ran in.

"Juvia? Are you alright?" Gray worriedly asked on the other side of the door.

"Y-yes, Gray~sama." She sniffled." Juvia is f-fine!" Then she just burst out sobbing.

Gray's stomach dropped as he wiggled the handle on the bathroom. It was locked. 

"Can you unlock the door Juvia? Please?"He couldn't stand making Juvia cry.

"Gray move. I'll handle this." The familiar voice of Erza stated, as a worried Lucy trailed behind. 

"We don't want you to get kicked out when your supposed to be doing something very important tonight."

 Gray stared in astonishment." How the hell did you know me and Juvia were here?" 

Lucy looked around nervously and did a nervous chuckle as she met Gray's eyes.

Then she whispered to Gray," I may have told her." 

"What! Why?!"

" Really Gray? You really have to ask? You know Erza is obsessed with proposals and weddings...and I felt bad I was going to see it and she wouldn't."

"THAT'S BECAUSE YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO RECORD ." Gray whisper shouted. Lucy rolled her eyes.

"Well now she's here to help, so it helped you in the long run. Should have known you were going to butcher everything up." Lucy snorted.

" What's that supposed to mean?! I don't even think YOU know what went wrong!"

"That's because I wasn't even at the table, stupid!" 

As Gray and Lucy bickered Erza knocked on the door.

"J-juvia isn't ready. She needs more ti-" 

" Juvia it's Erza. You can let me in. I promise I won't drag you out. I'm just here to help."Erza whispered through the door.

There was only silence. Then there was a click. Erza slipped in through the slight gap. Gray looked on in jealousy. How come she got in but he couldn't? Then he remembered. He fucked everything up. That's probably why she didn't want to see him.

Lucy patted his back to comfort him. Who knew Gray's proposal would have went this bad? Erza looked at the mess that was Juvia in astonishment. She still looked beautiful, but a mess no less.  She was sulking on the floor blowing her nose into a tissue.

"Juvia...what's wrong?"Erza worriedly asked looking at all the used tissues on the floor beside her.

 "H-how did you get here Erza-san? Juvia doesn't remember you being here."