Games and Scribbles

This story is written by juviaafullbuster on Tumblr

"Are you going to watch the game tomorrow?" There was still some time until class started so Juvia decided to spend it making small talk with her grumpy best friend.

"Nah. Not my thing." Gajeel waved her off and threw his head on the table, deciding to take a nap instead of going further into the topic. Juvia did try to convince him multiple times to go already, even bringing in the girl he likes to call shrimp, but as you can tell she never got far.

"Come on, it'll be fun! I'm going there too!"

"Of course you are, like that is a surprise."

"What do you mean?" Instead of answering her, he raised up his head and gave her a pointed look, one eyebrow raised.

Okay, maybe Juvia knows what he means. After all, she did watch every game ever since she transferred to Magnolia High. Yes, she'll admit, ice hockey was never her favorite sport. She didn't hate it, but a bunch of grown men running after a little black puck while throwing each other against the walls brutally, of course there are things she prefers over it. Juvia swears she saw about five guys wiping their bloody noses during the last game. She doesn't want to know how many of those noses ended up being broken and she's also pretty sure one of the guys ended up losing his front teeth.

Why she still didn't miss a single game you might ask? Well, simple. The sport itself didn't do it for her. The captain of her school time however, that's a whole other story. Can you blame her though?

Gray Fullbuster. Dark hair, dark eyes, strong build. He was mysterious and yet so charming. His small smirk when he's about to make the winning move always turns Juvia into a puddle. And like that all wasn't good enough, no, he also had to be funny, smart and charming. Talk about the full package.. Girls were all over him and while it bothered her to know that, she couldn't blame them. She'd jump him too if she got the chance.

The main reason Juvia was so eager to go to every game, was that she enjoyed watching him in his element. And being on the ice rink was definitely it. He's the captain for a very good reason, there's noone better than him. Alright, Juvia might be a little biased, but again, can you blame her?

Juvia started doodling on the paper in front of her after Gajeel had made it clear that he wasn't going to hold a conversation with her. She found herself scribbling Grays name all over the sheet. Next thing she knew, she was trying out how Juvia Fullbuster would look written down. She really was going crazy for him..

Speaking about him, Juvia saw him enter the classroom, surrounded by his best friends. Juvia considered them lucky. She would do anything to be able to spend more time with Gray and be closer to him. But there he was, popular, always surrounded by his friends while Juvia was pretty much a wallflower, only having her best friend Gajeel by her side who rather sleeps than actually bother with her. Juvia sighed and went to throw away the sheet she had scribbled all over. When she passed by Gray however she couldn't stop glancing at him. She must have been too distracted because the next thing she knew Juvia had stumbled over her own feet and landed on the classroom floor with a thud.

"Are you okay?" Juvia didn't dare to look up. How embarrassing. Not only did she fall in front of her whole class, she also had to stumble right in front of her crush. She could feel her cheeks flaming and she was sure she could challenge a tomato. Someone held out a hand to her and she took it, getting up awkwardly. Juvia finally looked up to find Natsu looking at her. He was obviously trying to hold back his laughter but when he saw her face, he bursted out into a fit of laughter.

"I'm sorry but you should have seen yourself." Idiot. Lucy hit him over the head, obviously pitying the blunette in the floor. Juvia however was to ashamed to bother and returned to her seat in a hurry, not making eye contact with anyone. Talk about embarrassing. Why did she even walk to the front in the first place?

"Here. You forgot this on the floor." Juvia looked up to find Gray standing in front of her table, holding a sheet of paper towards her. Right, that's why she was walking to the front. She wanted to throw away the paper. The paper which had Grays name on it. And her name. And his last name. And his player number. And hearts. And many more things she could not explain to him without sounding like an obsessed stalker. Why couldn't earth just open up and swallow her?

Juvia froze, unable to form a sentence. She had thought that her tripping was the worst situation of the day, but she was wrong. So, so wrong. Because nothing could top this moment. And unlike earlier, she didn't turn red. No, Juvia went pale, paler than she is naturally already.

There was an awkward silence. Gray was obviously waiting for a reaction. Juvia however, didn't dare to do nor say something. He'll think she's crazy and obsessed.. not that she isn't, but he didn't need to know that before the wedding.

And now there wouldn't be a wedding. No carrying his last name, no little Grays running around in their home.. before Juvia could work out her thoughts more, Gray cleared his throat. He put the sheet down on her table after realizing that Juvia would not take it and glanced at it before pointing at one of her scribbles.

"I like this one."

Juvia saw where he was pointing at, but didn't dare to take a closer look. Gray looked at her and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"So, um.. are you coming to the game tomorrow?"

"Of course she is. That woman doesn't miss a single one." Great, of course Gajeel had to break his silence now. Out of all the times.

"Yeah. I mean, I might have noticed.." Gray trailed off, laughing awkwardly. "I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. I'll watch out for you.."

Before Juvia actually registered what he had said, he was already back at his desk surrounded by his friends. Juvia wasn't bothered however because he had noticed her. While she thought she was invisible at all the games, he had actually noticed her. Juvias heart was pounding like crazy. Not only did he want her to be there, he was also keeping an eye out for her. The grin that spread on her face was enormous and Juvia could swear, she saw him glancing at her. Taking the sheet he had left on her paper, Juvia halted. Because she took a look at the spot he had pointed at earlier and felt close to fainting. The blush on her cheeks came back and Juvia felt like she was actually burning this time. The scribble he liked wasn't the one of his name, a heart or his player number. No, it was one of the signatures Juvia had tried out. Staring back at her in bold letters was her name, followed by a last name she had dreamed about carrying:

JUVIA FULLBUSTER

💕💕💕💕💕💕

----------------------------------------------

This story is credited to juviaafullbuster

Bye!-