JUVIA HATES GRAY

This story credits goes to sofya-fanfics on Tumblr

Summary :  ‘Juvia,’ Lucy said. ‘Gray has just arrived. Won’t you go see him ?’

‘Juvia doesn’t want to see Gray-san.’ 

‘It’s been several days since you’ve seen him,’ Levy said. ‘Usually you’re happy when he’s around.’ 

Juvia’s face hardened.

‘Stop saying that Juvia is happy to see Gray-san. Juvia hates him.’

Disclaimer : Fairy Tail belongs to Hiro Mashima.

Juvia stopped in front of a street vendor’s stall selling jewelry and various accessories. He had set himself up among the other market stall holders and several customers had gathered. Juvia had finished a mission with Gajeel and Panther Lily and was waiting for the train that would bring them back to Magnolia. She looked at the different jewelry and one drew her attention. It was a brooch with a sapphire that sparkled in the light. Juvia looked at the price. She had been paid for the mission and thought she could allow herself to buy it.

‘Have you found something you like ?’ The street vendor asked.

Juvia nodded and pointed at the brooch.

‘Juvia would like to buy this brooch.’

‘You have very good taste. It’s a special gem.’

He took the brooch, put it in a small box and in a bag. He handed it to Juvia. She paid and headed for the station. Juvia got the brooch out of the bag and hang it on her jacket. Her two friends arrived. Panther Lily immediately noticed the jewel Juvia was wearing.

‘It’s a very pretty brooch,’ he said.

‘It’s just a jewel,’ Gajeel added.

In normal times, Juvia would have gotten mad at him. But this time, she decided not to hold it against him. She was in too good mood and she knew he was always grumpy before getting on the train. She looked at her reflection in a window. She was happy she had bought this brooch.

‘You didn’t buy that brooch for Gray to like you, didn’t you ?’ The dragon slayer teased.

‘Why would Juvia want Gray-san to like her ?’

Gajeel and Panther Lily exchanged a look. She had said that casually, as if she did not care. What surprised them most was that Juvia had not called him ‘Gray-sama’. Gajeel sighed when the train arrived and was too sick on the journey to think about his friend’s words. He had his head on Juvia’s lap and he could not move anymore. Juvia stroked his hair, trying to soothe his pain. She watched the landscape through the window with a peaceful look on her face. From time to time, Panther Lily glanced at the water mage. He told himself that there was nothing wrong and that he did not need to worry. He ended up sleeping till they arrived to Magnolia.

The train arrived three hours later at Magnolia station. Gajeel got out as quickly as possible and sighed in relief. They headed for the guild to report. Once this task was completed, they returned home. It was dark and Juvia was happy to be home, she was exhausted and wanted to go to bed and have a good night’s sleep. She put on her pajamas and got under her comforter. She hugged a cuddly toy of Gray. She could not wait to see him again. She had missed him so much during her mission. She thought about him one last time and about the time they will spend together the next day and she finally fell asleep.

Juvia pushed the guild door open and entered. She walked over to Levy and Lucy’s table who waved at her. Juvia sat down with her friends and the three of them started chatting. Lucy and Levy told her what she had missed in Magnolia during the few days she had been away and Juvia told them what had happened during her mission. Levy noticed the brooch she was wearing.