Lips Like Sugar

This story credits goes to jekde04 on Tumblr

Summary: Juvia may be an excellent baker, but sometimes she needs Gray’s discerning taste to get it right. 

She just can't get it right.

What is it? Too sweet? More butter? Are these strawberries even fresh?

Juvia can't quite put a finger on it, but she knows she must finish soon if she wants to give Erza her special birthday gift at her party. But at the rate things are going...

"Are you baking ten cakes or something?"

Great. Gray-sama's done and Juvia's still stuck with this, Juvia thinks without bothering to look up. She feels him walk behind her towards the sink, carrying a handful of vegetables he just harvested from their mini garden.

Juvia adds another teaspoon of vanilla into the mix and whisks the whole thing vigorously. She takes a spoonful to taste. 

Seeing him half-naked (and completely nude more times than she can count) is not new to Juvia, yet the constancy of it doesn't diminish his effect on her. 

Juvia feels her breath hitch as she lets her eyes roam over his chiseled chest, glistening with sweat from laboring under the afternoon sun. Soil and soot litter his muscled torso and toned biceps as he dries his newly washed hands on his pants, inadvertently dirtying them more instead of cleaning them. He shakes off his disheveled hair from clinging to his damp forehead, his face sporting his signature frown. 

And then his eyes lock with hers – curious, a slight frown on his brow, and a split-second glint that Juvia manages to catch. 

She extends her arm, the spoonful of frosting just inches away from his mouth. But before Juvia even realizes what's happening, Gray steps closer to her, grasps her wrist and shoves it aside. He slips his other hand from her waist to her lower back, pushing her towards him so close their lips are almost touching.

"Gray-sama..." Juvia whispers as her lids close, forgetting everything else, his cool minty breath the only air she breathes. But instead of a kiss, she feels his tongue lick the corner of her mouth ever so slowly, sending shivers down her spine, awakening every nerve in her body. 

The spoon drops with a clang.

"Hmm..." Gray mumbles as he steps away to face her, forcing Juvia to open her eyes. He licks his lips, his gaze so intense Juvia feels like soft butter melting in a hot, hot pan. "Good. So damn sweet."

She blushes. Did Gray-sama just taste... Juvia? 

"Oh... wa-was there frosting on Juvia’s face?" she asks, suddenly feeling self-conscious. She starts to pull away, but Gray grabs the back of her head, his fingers interlocking with her blue locks and preventing her from leaving his warmth.

"I need another taste. Just to be sure."

Gray’s lips crash onto hers, his tongue hungrily exploring every nook and cranny of her mouth. The sweetness is intoxicating – a mix of vanilla and sugar and butter and milk and strawberry all tangled together in her honeyed cavern. Sucking on her lower lip, he tastes a hint of salt, offsetting the sweetness just a tiny bit and oh god, it was easily the best strawberry frosting he ever tasted. Gray drinks it all in, Juvia's maddening flavor mingling with his own. 

His hand travels from her back down to her round buttocks, giving a cheek a squeeze before going down to caress a wobbly thigh, wrapping it around his hip, the growing bulge in his pants rubbing against her center.

Juvia has to hold on tightly to Gray to keep herself from falling when he finally pulls away from her, a sliver of saliva connecting their mouths, the tips of their noses still touching. Gray brushes a finger on Juvia's swollen lips as a smirk forms on his own. 

"Delicious," he says in a husky tone.
Juvia's whole body heats up at Gray's words, and she mentally thanks him for holding her leg up because oh boy, she's positive her legs have stopped working.

"Gray-sama likes it?"

"I love it. So much I can eat you all day." He runs his tongue on her lower lip one last time before letting go of her leg. Juvia has to lean back on the counter to keep her knees from buckling.

"Right, I gotta shower now, sugar," Gray tells her with a loud smack on her butt and a chuckle before walking away. And did Gray-sama just wink at Juvia?

Once she hears Gray close the bathroom door, Juvia slumps on the floor, face all crimson and trying so, so hard not to melt into a puddle. She takes a few deep breaths to calm her pounding heart. 

Okay, so maybe Gray-sama's right, this already tastes perfect. No need to overthink.

Or better yet, maybe they'll just buy Erza's favorite strawberry cake from the nearby bakery. Who said anything about homemade cakes, anyway?

Juvia stands up, picks up the discarded spoon, and throws it in the sink. She strips off her apron. 

When did it suddenly get so hot in here?

She definitely needs a shower. 

Right. Now.