Gruvia Drabble

This Story credits goes to doyouevenshipbr0 on Tumblr

"Popsicle," Natsu sighed. "What the hell are you doin' back here?" He held his door in one hand as he stared at a recently familiar face.

"What, a guy can't stop by and visit his best friend?" Gray nervously chuckled.

Happy and Natsu weren't buying it, exchanging suspicious looks as Gray impatiently stood at the door frame.

"Best friend?" Natsu rose an eyebrow.

"And for the 4th day in a row?" Happy jabbed, hovering beside Natsu's head

"Would ya' just let me in?" Gray spat out, clearly looking jittery.

"Fine." Natsu groaned, stepping aside so Gray could step in.

"But we're gonna' start charging rent!" Happy exclaimed.

"Whatever, I don't care, just as long as I can hang out here for a little while." Gray hustled in, plopping himself onto Natsu's worn down couch.

"Ok, you can stay here on one condition, tell me what it is you're freaking out about. And gimme' the real reason you've been comin' here." Natsu folded his arms.

"Aye!" Happy mimicked Natsu, crossing his little paws.

Gray let out a groan, bowing his head between his legs before whipping his head back up. "It's Juvia, ok!?"

"Juvia?" Happy asked.

"But, you haven't tried avoiding her in forever. You guys have been all buddy-buddy lately." Natsu was trying to piece this all together in his head.

Gray blushed, averting his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I guess you could say that."

"So what's the deal?" Natsu was doing his best to get straight to the point, as nuance was not his strong suit.

"W-well... we... kind of... sort of..." Gray scratched at the back of his head, searching for the gall to say it. "We got drunk the other night at the guild, and then I went to walk her home since she was pretty wasted, and...one thing lead to another and... we almost kissed."

Natsu was as confused as ever. "So?"

"So?!"

"Well, don't ya' like her?"

"W-well-!" Gray stammered, and gave out a defeated sigh, bowing his head again. "Yeah." He mumbled to the point that Natsu or Happy could barely hear him.

"So then why don't you wanna' smooch her?" Happy was almost as dense as Natsu.

"Gah! You guys don't get it!" Gray sprung up. "Forget it. I'm gonna' find a new hiding spot. Preferably, one that asks less questions."

Just as Gray made his way to Natsu's front door, there was a sudden knock. Gray froze in his tracks as a chill went up his spine. He had a knack for this sort of thing, knowing when Juvia's around, and that chill only ever meant one thing.

"Shit."

Gray needed an escape route, but his head wasn't on straight. He frantically scoured the little house, looking from wall to wall, but there was only one door, and Gray was just feet away from it.

"Natsu, whatever you do, don't-"

"Be there in a sec'!" Natsu shouted at the door.

"You idiot!" Gray whisper yelled.

Natsu opened the door to none other than Juvia. She was known for her expressive nature. The look on her face could tell you anything you want to know, without her having to say a word.