Make "School House Polka" An Official Part Of School Curriculum

whut is the #1 problum shcools r facing tooday?

(*No offense meant at all with this line, just a joke about schools, not making fun of anyone or group!)

Let's break it down even further. What is a major problem with English classes today?
Grammar units. They are always so ill-prepared and always end up in between some random lesson, a test, or in the middle of a project. They're so rushed and out of place, the content is never truly learned and is just repeated year after year. Across the globe and especially in the United States, what is one thing students never seem to remember?

Homophones.

Every single year, teachers and I alike watch in a stupor as no one in the class knows what homophones are. From second grade all the way into the later high school and even college years. A simple grammatical term, among countless others, is always forgotten. And I have a solution.

You see, I grew up with VeggieTales. The hit 90's - 2000's Straight-To-DVD Christian series that eventually rocked the world of television with its groundbreaking work in digital animation, screen and songwriting, children's media, and Christian edutainment.

Not only did I learn Bible stories, surreal and self-aware comedy, history, and that vegetables can talk... I learned about homophones. I heard this song, as many other children did, long before we entered the school system. And remarkably, when the grammar unit comes, only those who grew up with this song seem to remember homophones, as well as other grammar terms featured. There may be Schoolhouse Rock, but there is only one song that guarantees homophones will remain known and easily remembered.

I believe "Schoolhouse Polka" should be instilled in every school's grammar unit. It's downright appalling that it isn't because low grammar scores could instantly be improved with the edition of this song. Nothing remains in the brain like a singing cucumber playing accordion without hands. And as soon as they envision him, they'll know what homophones mean and the world of grammar will no longer be a mystery! Not to mention, the other little blips of grammar lessons featured towards the song's end.

The sheer brilliance of this song makes me question why educators haven't used it at all, aside from not knowing it.
Children and adults who watched this song have remembered it and the knowledge has stayed with them. Look at the video, how can it not?

Across many curriculums, Schoolhouse Rock songs are required, not just for grammar, but in math, science, and even history. Why? Because the songs are catchy, memorable, and educational.

This song is no different and has the benefit of enhanced visual and audio technology compared to the Schoolhouse Rock videos of the 1970's. If anything, it's more captivating, entertaining, and memorable than several of the original Schoolhouse Rock songs, as iconic as they are.

Content-wise, "Schoolhouse Polka" teaches more. Besides Homophones, it also breaks down pronouns, adjectives, and prepositions. However... Homophones notably, Schoolhouse Rock did not cover.

Yet this song breaks them down easily within seconds. Not to mention, it's use of the lyrics and which ones fit the grammatical term shown at the bottom help with auditory-visual reading skills and is also useful to students who may have hearing issues, or those who are word-based learners.

This song fits every learning style! Visual learners have something to look at, auditory, something to hear, kinetic, motions and dance, book learners have words.

This song easily caters to every student's need in a delightful song and video. There's no reason for it not be used in school. Combined with a lesson, this can make a strong informative grammar lesson that only takes about a day or two to teach, instead of having a day for every term.

You could argue it comes from a religious source, however this clip is void of religion, and VeggieTales has almost every episode in a non- religious format, due to it's agreement with Qubo and it's own cable TV show, VeggieTales: On TV! The content is not strictly religious or enforcing any sort of belief, unless that belief is to educate on grammar.

Schoolhouse Rock did not provide any of those bonuses. Yet this single song, that's a loving riff off of Schoolhouse Rock,is almost more beneficial than what it's supposed to parody.

From all I have observed, this song efficiently teaches its subject matter in a memorable manner that leaves people remembering the lessons taught years after, which is exactly the purpose of education.

Do not deprive the children of their grammar knowledge or blame the teachers for poorly-made grammar units that aren't theirs. Fix the whole system with just a simple (ahem, Silly) song that's freely available on the internet, and the positive results shall follow. Redeem yourselves through the power of VeggieTales!

Join the pronouns, support homophone education today!

"I'm a pronoun,
They're a pronoun,
He's a pronoun,
She's a pronoun,
Wouldn't you like to be a pronoun too?"

- Larry The Cucumber

Thank you!