┊childe

˗ˏˋ safe and sound ˎˊ˗

❝ please don't wander off like that again ❞

please don't wander off like that again

₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.

"Don't forget to follow your orders." Cold ocean eyes glare back into the eyes of the Fatui members and they scramble to follow his orders, afraid of the outcome if they don't fulfill his order. His nice demeanor replaced a much more dangerous look upon hearing the news of how you left to venture off into new regions without his knowledge.

He cares deeply for the people he holds dearly to his heart and you promised him that if you plan on setting out he would be the first to hear about the news. Unknowingly his worries were for nothing because you only left your shared place to go buy ingredients for tonight's dinner.

Such a small rumor that was spread by the children only wrecked havoc among Snezhnaya and upon hearing the rumor the agent rushed to tell Childe what they heard.

"You can't go that far." Childe mumbles and leaves to seek you out and bring you back to your warm home. The cold snow crushing under his feet as he walks through the quiet landscape.

Your gentle steps quietly greets the cold region and you snuggle closer to the scarf Childe gifted you. Your cheeks grow red as you calmly carry your basket full of ingredients for Golden Crab, a Liyue delicacy that Childe has handed to you when he received the recipe. Your happy aura makes the animals around you approach you and you let out a chuckle.

"Even if the cold falls onto your coat I suppose you're quite lucky to not beg for a much warmer place huh?" Your envious gaze meets theirs and you shake your head while standing up straight. Such a silly thought makes you giggle while you peacefully walk back home.

Your pyro vision gives you some warmth through the weather and you were thankful for the warmth that it radiated for you. Your gloved fingers clench tight as you hurry your way back home before it gets stopped by treasure hoarders.

They chuckle upon seeing your figure and rushes to attack you as you let out a shriek at the sudden ambush. Your basket falling to the ground as you take out your polearm to quickly block their attacks.

"Stay away from me!" You snarl as you try to take them down, miscalculating the numbers as you make way through a couple of them before getting stopped as one of them is quick to kick your back.

"Ack!" You fall to the snow with a thud and you turn around to see one of them closer to throw an electro potion. Before any of them could make a move a sudden figure was quick to knock them off their feet.

"Ch-Childe?" You whisper as you feel yourself getting lifted off the ground, the cold enveloping your body as you shiver. You try to chase after the warmth radiating off of Childe as you snuggle close to him.

"I'm glad to see that you're safe and sound." Childe whispers, picking up your basket as he carries you back home. His worries washed away knowing that you didn't leave Snezhnaya at all and was just buying ingredients.

He quickly unlocks the door and lays you on the couch before going to the fireplace to start up a fire. His worries rose when he realized that you got an injury from trying to fight back those treasure hoarders.

'They will pay for that' he clenched his fist as he plans to make a small visit towards their camp to make a "peaceful" arrangement.

"S-so cold." A faint whisper rings in his ears and he rushes to your side, sighing in relief to see that you're not unconscious. His gloved hand caressing your cheek as you snuggle into the warmth before smiling softly.

"I'm glad you came to rescue me." The heat from the fireplace made your tensed muscles relax as your quivering body reach a respectable temperature so you can properly sit up to engulf him in a hug.

"I was so worried about you. I heard that you left Snezhnaya without my knowledge. If it were true I wouldn't be able to fully protect you." This rare act of weakness surprised you as you realize just how shaky Childe was, his body trembling with all of his terrible thoughts messing with his mind.

"Now why would I leave this place without you?" You try to lighten up the mood by making a goofy face when your eyes meet. It physically hurts you to see your boyfriend tremble like a child as he clings onto you, a characteristic you rarely see.

"Home is wherever you are and I wouldn't want it any other way so how about we just relax for the rest of the night as I make Golden Crab?" The delicacy makes Childe smile as he lets you go and watches you enter the kitchen to start making the dish.

'Whoever started this rumor must explain as to why it spiraled out of control' his eyes darken by the thought
and before he could do anything else he decided to just forget about it for now and spend time with his lover.

He decides to check in on you and warmly smiles seeing how happy you were preparing everything. Your eyes shone so bright with joy that he can overlook the rumor if you just told him to. His thirst for battle calming down when he realizes just how cute you are trying to not make a mess in the kitchen.

Such a sweet soul dancing around so gracefully and it would make anyone smile at the sight. Your h/c hair dancing in the air as you spin around in a circle to meet a sturdy surface.

"Hey." Childe sends you a goofy grin and back hugs you. His personality takes a full 360 when it comes to you. It was like he was back to his young self, so full of love for the right causes as he treasures people so close to him.

"It's almost done, have patience now." His fingers dance around your waist as it lowers to your hips before pressing his chest towards your back and before you can react he was quick to tickle you. Your body jolts in place as you hold back your laugh.

"P-please have mercy on me Ch-hahahaha!" The melodic sound sends a whirlwind of fresh emotions to blossom in his chest and he just wants to hear you laugh forever and ever. His selfish need to keep you close to him as much as possible feeding into his system.

"What was that? Hm?" He teases, never once stopping his antics while laughing along. The night felt so young as the couple finished cooking their meal with content hearts.

"I never want this to end." Wishes like that was nothing, but a far away hope. A hope to be trampled on and crushed as the days go by along with feelings of regret. The fire never extinguishes in their heart as the night passes on and a new day awakens.

₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.

I kind of want to explore more of vast oceans of words so I might play around with a couple in the future while I write so let's hope my poor vocabulary can keep up with the flow ૮₍ ˃ ⤙ ˂ ₎ა

If not then it would be a shame honestly. Even so I hope you enjoyed this one shot and I know I'm so fast on writing so much for this book. I just have this burning passion of writing for the males I simp for ehe!