┊albedo

attention ღ༉‧

❝ why can't you give me attention

why can't you give me attention...

art made by: HanaPen5 on twitter
Requested by: @animenErd_2
gender neutral reader

»»————- ➴ ————-««

"Albedo, when are you going to finish your work?" You let out a small yawn, nearly falling off your chair from stretching your sore body from sitting all day in Albedo's laboratory. You take a small glance towards Albedo and let out a huff at how he ignores your words.

It was always like this everyday and any other day you would just enjoy the silence, silently admiring your lover when he gets engraved with his work. His focused gaze stuck onto the papers and potions in front of him. He would sometimes ask for you to hand him an ingredient to which you happily oblige.

Today felt a little bit different though, an unsettling feeling in your stomach never leaving since you entered his lab. It shouldn't feel any different from any other day, but why do you feel so uneasy? You tried your best to push that feeling aside, ignoring that small ache in your heart when Albedo didn't notice the change in your behavior today.

"I'll finish soon." His monotone reply made you slump in your seat, resting your head on your arms and you ponder for a moment. Rushed feelings invading your system and you take a deep breath, exhaling slowly.

'Just relax' You try to ignore that ugly feeling crawling into your heart, nestling on your chest and it felt so frustrating to ignore this emotion. You wanted to make yourself believe that Albedo deeply cares for you, he just has a hard time showing it.

It brings you back to how he doesn't do much in your relationship, no hugs, kisses, or even a smile ever came from him. All he ever did was work, work, and work and at first you didn't mind. The thought that he was just yours made you content, but now it feels like nothing else matters.

"When is that soon?" You pry, hoping that it won't irk him so you can drag him away from working so much. Does it truly hurt to take a break for once? It really doesn't but the small sigh from Albedo made you stay quiet.

The feeling in your chest was too hard to ignore and you decided that leaving him alone was the best option. You abruptly stood up to hurriedly leave, frustrated tears streaming down your face the moment you left those doors. Soft sobs escaping your mouth and you had to hide yourself from the others to avoid any questioning.

Albedo looks up to not see you in your usual spot and he lets out a sad sigh, deciding to forget about what he was doing to go look for you. He knew that he was very bad at showing any emotion to you or to anyone. He was just hoping that you didn't go far from his lab.

He was about to run further until he heard quiet sobs from the hallway. He halts from stepping any further and quietly checks on who was crying. The moment he saw a familiar head of h/c he immediately felt guilt eating him up.

"Y/N..." He whispers and reaches out to pat your head for you to slap his hand away, scooting farther away from his figure. That small action made Albedo felt hurt from how distant you were acting, but he understood fully well on why you're acting like this.

"I'm so sorry for not giving you any attention." He whispers, letting himself sit down on the floor with a reasonable distance between you two. You peer at his expression and slowly crawled over to him, hesitantly holding his hand.

"I will do my best to show you how much I deeply care for you my dear." Albedo softly smiles, petting your head while pulling you in for a hug. The small action made you cry softly at the touch, happy that you two are finally communicating in this relationship.

"It takes two people to make this work and let's meet each other halfway." You mumble and pull him closer to you body, inhaling his scent before letting the tiredness from crying lull you to sleep.

Hello I'm back with a new one shot hehe ('。• ᵕ •。') I was given a choice to make this ending angst or fluff and as much as I love writing angst I decided to be nice and give fluff instead ( ' ▽ ' )

I hope you enjoyed this one shot and I will probably start writing my drafts for my upcoming book so please be on the lookout once I publish something! I also want to add that for requests I will be adding what type of reader the one shot will have, but one shots that aren't requests will be mainly female reader