┊xiao

lantern rite ღ༉‧

— lantern rite ღ༉‧

these lanterns...

art from: zerochan; an entry by Doopliss
Requested by: @Strawberryjamin-min

»»————- ➴ ————-««

"If you're able to...ahem could you try to convince Xiao to go with you?" Verr Goldet's request rang in your head as you followed Aether and Paimon while they came up with a plan to convince Xiao to come with them to Liyue Harbor. They try to think about every possibility that will make Xiao change his mind while you chime in from time to time.

You turn around to see if Paimon came up with any new ideas and smile when they decide to just talk to Verr Goldet for any ideas.

"You guys can talk to them, I'm going to just relax." You insist as they go towards the elevator while you inhale the fresh air before walking towards the beautiful landscape, admiring the view while ignoring how the wind grew strong and a certain yaksha appeared beside you.

"They're still not gonna give up are they?" Xiao's voice rang in your ear as you hum while shrugging your shoulders, a little smug that you know Aether will find a way to drag Xiao to the harbor to watch the lanterns.

"They're fools to believe that I will go and join them." He just huffs out while crossing his arms in front of his chest, annoyed at the thought of being surrounded by mortals.

"It doesn't hurt to go. You don't have to be in the actual harbor, but near enough to see the Mingxiao Lantern." Xiao just purses his lips at your idea before shaking his head and disappearing while you let out a chuckle.

When you finally go back to the inn you see Aether and Paimon discussing something with Huai'an and once they saw you approaching them Paimon quickly ushered you close.

"Look Y/N! We're going to bring the festival to Xiao!" Paimon spins as she giggles while watching Huai'an create a food cart and Aether admires the hard work. The idea of bringing the festival to Xiao was precious and makes you appreciate just how far Aether and Paimon are willing to go to bring Xiao to see the Lantern Rite.

"That's quite nice of you guys." You smile and watch Aether excitedly go to Xiao to bring him downstairs and you just sit at the table, waiting for Xiao to appear so you can tease him. Once you see him you stand up and wave at him to come sit down with you while a very happy Aether trails behind.

"Hmph." Was all Xiao said as he sat down to dine with you, Aether, and Paimon. You can see how satisfied Xiao was when he got to eat almond tofu, his body relaxing slightly as he chews on to each bite before swallowing.

After hearing how Aether and Paimon begged for Xiao to escort them to the harbor, you were all on the path straight towards Liyue, a happy grin plastered on Aether's face as he happily led the small group.

"Who would've thought you would be our guard." You tease the yaksha while laughing when Xiao merely growls at you, slightly unaccustomed to this whole situation or that subtle tease. His cheeks flush a light pink as he looks forward, proudly walking while looking around for any upcoming danger.

The moment you reach the agreed place you watch as Aether and Paimon go inside the harbor to celebrate while you tell them you will stick by Xiao.

"Why didn't you join them?" He asks while looking over into the bright, bustling harbor. The Xiao Lanterns float into the sky as he looks at the main attraction, the Mingxiao Lantern.

"Didn't want to leave you alone." You grin as he just rolls his eyes before the Mingxiao Lantern gets released. You watch as he sits down and stares in awe, smiling slightly as you accompany him.

All you ever wanted was to see Xiao smile and having to be a witness of one made your heart flutter. Deep down you will treasure this memory for the rest of your life and you let yourself enjoy the moment with Xiao before everything goes back to normal.

"I wouldn't mind spending the next Lantern Rite with you Y/N..."

I'm so sorry for the long wait and with how short this turned out hhhh I've been trying to catch up on some assignments and I also have been at a halt when it came to writing this since I didn't want to write every dialogue from the event to this ...

I'm so sorry for the long wait and with how short this turned out hhhh I've been trying to catch up on some assignments and I also have been at a halt when it came to writing this since I didn't want to write every dialogue from the event to this one shot (⋟﹏⋞)

I really love the cutscene of Xiao smiling as he looks at the Mingxiao Lantern that I just had to write about it because my first plan was to write about the reader spending time with Xiao at the Lantern Rite, but considering he doesn't like crowded areas I thought this was the better choice. More requests to go so I'll see you guys on the next one shot (*'∀`*)