┊venti

˗ˏˋ lost in time ˎˊ˗

❝ the wind merely reminds me of the loneliness i face alone ❞

the wind merely reminds me of the loneliness i face alone

art made by: koboli03 on twitter

₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.

Bright aqua eyes stare into the night sky as he lets out a soft sigh, the wind greeting his face as he closes his eyes. The silent night often takes him back to his past as he lets his legs dangle over the hands on the statue he perched himself upon. Most nights he would be in the tavern, singing tunes to every drunkard who was happy to hear his voice as he tried to persuade the bartender for a free beverage.

Tonight was different though, his mind a mess as he reflects back on a lost friend along with a certain someone. It felt like it was just yesterday he got to hear the sweet laughter, the wind messing up their long hair as they twirl around in circles. The sky was a dark night like this one and it was a small reminder that he will meet them again when the time is right.

Fate always brings them back together no matter the storm.

"Who are you?" A quiet voice snaps the Anemo Archon out of his dazed state as he looks behind him to see a very familiar figure. A figure that he knows all too well and his eyes shows the warmth while he greets them.

"The name's Venti." He muses, slurring a little after having a little bit too many drinks tonight and after getting kicked out by the taverns owner. It felt like a fevered dream seeing your soft smile as you introduce yourself to not be rude after he introduced himself.

Nothing changed with your appearance besides the fact that this time it was you to make the first move on knowing him. He usually saves you from danger and introduces himself with his cheeky grin while "making up" a tune for you.

"So you're up here to think about your past? Huh this place is very high up though." You comment looking down at the height before focusing your gaze back to Venti as he blinks at you, seemingly lost in his thoughts and you stayed quiet to let the wind tell you his story.

A blurry image of a person crosses your mind and it felt like you knew them, that familiar feeling pooling in your stomach as you hear his soft voice talk about how much he treasures them close to his heart. A surge of envy courses through your veins and you didn't know why you felt so envious upon hearing how he has someone dear to him.

"So they were very dear to you huh?" You didn't mean for your voice to turn out bitter and cold. You only just met him and you're acting like a jealous lover already.

"Very much so. You know being up here brings me back." Your eyes look over at his figure while you let yourself relax under the cool sky. You figured that getting to know this bard wouldn't be too bad and he seemed to know a lot more than he leads on.

"Why are you up here? Not a lot of people come up here." His question baffled you, why did you come up here? You grew curious when you saw a figure on top of the statue, never expecting anyone to be sitting there. He just intrigued you so much and he looks like he wasn't just some bard.

"Oh I came up here because I saw you. I don't think I ever saw anyone from Mondstadt to sit up here." You honestly answer and it came to you that you sounded a bit creepy. Honestly going up the statue because you saw him? You could've just left him alone and yet your feet took you up the statue to talk to him. He felt so compelling to talk to and before you could leave him alone after making it up you already ask who he was.

You wince at the slight reminder of what you just did, but for some reason it felt like his presence was calling out to you. An outstretched hand calling out your name while tears flow down his cheeks as he smiles sweetly. He felt safe and warm, something you wish you could feel.

"Ahaha! I see well now that you know I'm up here. What say you that we take a little stroll here?" Venti feels so out of character speaking this casually and maybe he hoped deep down that you could feel the connection between you both. He holds out his hand as he stands in front of you with a small smile and you hesitantly hold onto it.

Before you knew it you two were jumping off the statue and you let out a squeal, fearing for your death and regretting holding onto his hand. You close your eyes as you wait for the impact, but was met with a wind that carries both of you.

"H-huh?" You open your eyes to see Venti staring fondly at you as he giggles at your reaction. A sense of dejavu overwhelms you and you didn't have any time to question him before you two were already in front of the statue at Windrise.

"Don't worry about a fall at all Y/N~"

"How do you know my fear of heights?" Ah there goes his cover and Venti lets out a sigh, his smile falling off his face as his eyes reflect the loneliness. The years slipping from his fingers and it honestly aches knowing that whenever he spends time with you in each time period it always ends in despair. His heart never moves on as he makes you fall in love with him all over again.

He takes out a lyre and begins to sing a ballad that made your eyes widen. It felt like a surge of memories from someone that feels familiar poking through your skull as a breeze hugs you. You clutch the side of your head as you close your eyes to see yourself with Venti throughout the years.

Every smile, laugh, kiss, and many more flashes by so fast that you didn't realize the fingers wiping away the tears or the hushed voice of the bard in front of you.

"V-Venti?" You croak out, unable to say anything else as you realize the truth of being an immortal archon. He faces loneliness if he hasn't met you yet and whenever he did meet you it felt like falling in love all over again.

"Even if time slips away from our fingers again my dear I will always find you time and time again."

₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.

I'm not too sure if this made sense, but I like how sweet this turned out despite the fact I lack the proper vocabulary to fully express how I imagined this one shot to turn out. I honestly do hope that the Venti rerun banner will be true so I can't wait to roll for him hehe (ノ∀'♥)

I might also change how I layout things here since I'm getting bored of the same old things I do so look out for that.