📃 CHAPTER TWO | MY DECISION

I paced around as awe sunk its fangs deep into my lower limbs. I could not stop moving. Without counting my steps I smiled with joy in my heart, while confusion flowed within the streams of red in my brain.

"How did this...Why...I don't get it! I don't just get it! How did this happen?" I asked the chilly breeze around me.

Jess sat up and with half-opened eyes she asked the reason for my undefined state. I gave her no answer. I ignored her and continued my short walk in the room, keeping my eyes focused on the message displayed on the screen of my laptop.

I squatted next to my bed, clicked on the email sent to my inbox and read the message over and over as I had done before.

Jess rubbed her eyes, stretched her arms and after a few blinks, she stood up. She staggered towards me and threw herself on my bed.

"What's wrong Pree?"

"Pree!" Jess yelled after calling me to order with a kick.

"Ouch! What?!"

"What do you mean 'what'? You've been pacing around like you've seen the worst and when I try to talk to you, I get totally ignored. What's wrong Pree? And you better give me an answer this time without that brain-killer scream of yours."

"Fine, I'm sorry Jess. I really am but I couldn't hold back. I checked my email like I do every night and... I mean...I'm still so confused..."

"That's it! Just show me." Jess requested.

I clicked on the read inbox and turned my laptop to Jess. With alcohol possessed eyes, she squinted and read the message out loud.

'Dear Priya Kapoor,

We're glad to inform you that you've won the contest organized for the 'Save the Kids' project, hosted and sponsored by YooJin Agency, Seoul, in affiliation with Pearl Children's Hospital, South Korea.

In accordance to the prizes given by the YooJin Agency, you're the winner of a three month holiday and private tour in South Korea. All expenses including accommodation and feeding will be provided by the agency.

Your vacation will begin in two weeks. During this period, please take your time to think on your schedule and decide if you will be able to travel in fourteen days.

Kindly fill the necessary details in a form provided by a link attached to this email. You will be contacted by the agency via a phone call, so ensure you provide your current mobile number while filling the form.

For further questions and enquiries, please send a message as a reply to this email address.

Thank you for participating in this life changing project. We will communicate with you in two days concerning your decision.

Congratulations.

-YooJin Agency.

"Wait, wait, wait..." Jess repeated. Her eyes scanned the details on the laptop screen. She read the message again.

"You won?" She asked. The redness in her eyes disappeared and her limbs revived with energy. She sat up.

"I won."

"Oh my goodness! You won!!" Jess repeated, jumping on my bed this time. Totally inconsiderate of my personal computer which I took out of my bed, convinced by caution.